The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is just cold-hearted and bloodthirsty.

Seven Hundred Thousand People are dead.

Who cares what the percentages are?

That's bonkers.

And the fear of a government takeover is a little hard to swallow when there was attempted insurrection THIS YEAR with not remotely this level of complaint.

It's politics, and it stinks that people are politicizing how they react to these things because of which side they're on.

It's not cold-hearted. It's the numbers. And of course the mortality rate (percentage of population dead) matters. Why the hell wouldn't it? How deadly the illness is should play a role if every decision made, both in the private sector and at the government level.

We can agree on the politicizing of the whole thing. It's disappointing.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

This could be the most tone deaf take I've seen in ages.  700,000 dead and counting.  Can you not wrap your head around that death toll?  That's a brutal number and you're saying "meh"?

That number also does not include the permanently maimed with a horrible quality of life nor does it include the continued economic impact, world wide of allowing this virus to multiple and mutate.

Thank God we have the vaccines.  What would be the death toll had the Delta variant arrived in full force before our vaccines were available, especially for our most at risk?  But yeah, old people.

You're grandstanding. I never said anything related to most what you're going on about in your post.

Similar to what I said to Knapp, it isn't tone deaf, it's the numbers. Of course it's terrible how many people have died, but it's equally important to know what percentage of the population die who have been infected with the virus. 

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's not cold-hearted. It's the numbers. And of course the mortality rate (percentage of population dead) matters. Why the hell wouldn't it? How deadly the illness is should play a role if every decision made, both in the private sector and at the government level.

We can agree on the politicizing of the whole thing. It's disappointing.

You're grandstanding. I never said anything related to most what you're going on about in your post.

Similar to what I said to Knapp, it isn't tone deaf, it's the numbers. Of course it's terrible how many people have died, but it's equally important to know what percentage of the population die who have been infected with the virus. 

700,000 dead Americans and counting. 700,000

Where'd you get the parameters that state a virus with a death rate of 1 to 2 % is acceptable?  

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Who knows what is in the woke mind?  I have no clue.  Seems like a pretty gaudy number to impose upon a business if they don't mandate a person getting vaccinated.  

Ok...

Still not following the connection with 700,000 deaths of your fellow Americans.   Let's keep the eye on the ball here.  

Just now, Scarlet said:

Ok...

Still not following the connection with 700,000 deaths of your fellow Americans.   Let's keep the eye on the ball here.  

A $70,000-700,000 per incident for the unvaccinated to be incurred for a business not mandating the vaccine is "keeping the eye on the ball".   

It's a COVID thread.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

A $70,000-700,000 per incident for the unvaccinated to be incurred for a business not mandating the vaccine is "keeping the eye on the ball".   

It's a COVID thread.

It is a COVID thread but it doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.  Nor does the $700,000 have anything to do with nearly 3/4 of million deaths from COVID in the US.

Actually keeping your eye on the ball would be to get vaxxed, encourage others to get vaxxed and stop the carnage.  But you do you.

• Plus1 1

Well Lebron is about to get slammed.

The Los Angeles Lakers superstar said Tuesday "that’s not my job" when asked whether he felt he needed to publicly advocate for players and others to get the vaccine.

"I think everyone has their own choice to do what they feel is right for themselves and their family," James said, via Yahoo Sports.
  • Plus1 2