The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

—I have pointed out a few times that I don’t understand why Tucker is on his vaccination crusade and that it doesn’t help the matter.  Maybe you could be a little more consistent on what you actually know and accuse people of.  

I never claimed that you've never once said a single critical thing about Fox News. I accused you of being inconsistent. You went out of your way to bring attention to Biden unprompted - the one single time (not a few times, using the search function for the term "tucker" in your post history) you said he wasn't being helpful was in response to, funny enough, @commando shining a light on it.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:29 AM, commando said:

i guess that tucker isn't a sincere christian, or a free thinker, a man with high testosterone, and someone who loves joe biden since fox news also mandated the vaccine and he is still there.

On 9/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, Archy1221 said:

I’ve liked some things Tucker did in the past, but this Devil’s advocate vaccine crusade he is on is just weird and not helpful at all.  

• Plus1 1

I have been watching as companies, including my own, face opposition to vaccine mandates. I am thinking we are going to lose $$, good workers,  and business over this. Well, the companies may be starting to cave.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/19/southwest-vaccine-mandate-unpaid-leave-exemptions.html

anyone know the latest on the 3000 cops in Chicago that won’t get vaccinated?

Did Lightfoot send them packing?

Couple of follow-ups about this.  Apparently Rollovich is a devout Catholic, which is why he won't get the shot.

FCJauzLXIAQkbX0?format=jpg&name=orig

Which is totally in keeping with the Catholic church's stance on vaccinations.

Or... you know.... not....

Pope Francis urges people to get vaccinated against Covid-19

The Pope has joined his voice to those of Bishops across North and South America to urge people to get jabbed against Covid-19.

In a video message produced in conjunction with the Ad Council, Pope Francis praised the work of researchers and scientists in producing safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines.

“Thanks to God’s grace and to the work of many, we now have vaccines to protect us from Covid-19,” he said in the video released on Wednesday.

He added that vaccines “bring hope to end the pandemic, but only if they are available to all and if we collaborate with one another.”

Vaccination is an act of love

Pope Francis went on to say that getting a Covid jab that is “authorized by the respective authorities” is an “act of love.”

Helping other do the same, he said, is also an act of love. “Love for oneself, love for our families and friends, and love for all peoples. Love is also social and political.”

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Couple of follow-ups about this.  Apparently Rollovich is a devout Catholic, which is why he won't get the shot.

The Pope has joined his voice to those of Bishops across North and South America to urge people to get jabbed against Covid-19.

In a video message produced in conjunction with the Ad Council, Pope Francis praised the work of researchers and scientists in producing safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines.

“Thanks to God’s grace and to the work of many, we now have vaccines to protect us from Covid-19,” he said in the video released on Wednesday.

He added that vaccines “bring hope to end the pandemic, but only if they are available to all and if we collaborate with one another.”

Pope Francis went on to say that getting a Covid jab that is “authorized by the respective authorities” is an “act of love.”

Helping other do the same, he said, is also an act of love. “Love for oneself, love for our families and friends, and love for all peoples. Love is also social and political.”

who knew that the pope was a CINO?

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Consequence Culture came for Coach Rollovich. 

Hope he enjoys starting a new career. Because he's done coaching with this action.

I'm sure he preached team over self everyday...I'm sure he had rules in place to protect the team, that we're not convenient for each individual on that team - then the moment comes to practice what he preaches - and boom, he throws a tantrum and quits. S-H-I-T-T-Y leader. Feel bad for the kids on that team. 

• Plus1 2
41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yep....I'm Catholic and anyone using that as a religious excuse to not get the vaccine is full of BS.

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

These sorts of public statements never add anything constructive to the legal case, and most of the time are nothing more than sensationalistic bull$h!t. This statement serves nothing except to throw a little red meat at a very specific audience. Since he threw his coaching career in the dumpster and now wants to act like a martyr, his next job is likely with a place like FoxNews or OAN.

However, I actually hope this ends up being tried in court instead of being summarily dismissed or settled, so it can result in a real judgment and legal precedent. 

14 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm sure he preached team over self everyday...I'm sure he had rules in place to protect the team, that we're not convenient for each individual on that team - then the moment comes to practice what he preaches - and boom, he throws a tantrum and quits. S-H-I-T-T-Y leader. Feel bad for the kids on that team. 

You....you are not just now realizing that what coaches say is 99% BS, are you?  Ha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, they all have the same talking points and they all are pretty much always looking for the next big job they can get.

They are like us, they care about themselves first.

I refuse to believe that a coach expect his players to do things he wouldn't do. 

Like, commit to the program for their entire career without transferring, like Urban Meyer. 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I refuse to believe that a coach expect his players to do things he wouldn't do. 

Like, commit to the program for their entire career without transferring, like Urban Meyer. 

Meyer is probably googling different diseases that he can say he has to get him out of Jax.

"Leprosy, yes, gotta keep that one in the back pocket"