The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

First SW Airlines and now In n Out Burger. I know so many Californians that are nuts over In-n-Out I can only imagine how upset they will be if the government shuts them down.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/10/19/covid-in-n-out-burger-fight-san-francisco-health-officials-vax-protocols/

“We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government. It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason,” the statement read. “We fiercely disagree with any government dictate that forces a private company to discriminate against customers who choose to patronize their business. This is clear governmental overreach and is intrusive, improper, and offensive.”

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

A quick google search showed mostly conservative news outlets running with this story. At least the top ten hits. NIH admits gain of function research in Wuhan. maybe this should go in media bias. Maybe more outlets will show up later or it’s not considered relevant by some outlets and overly reported on by others. 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/nih-admits-funding-gain-function-125103852.html

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

A quick google search showed mostly conservative news outlets running with this story. At least the top ten hits. NIH admits gain of function research in Wuhan. maybe this should go in media bias. Maybe more outlets will show up later or it’s not considered relevant by some outlets and overly reported on by others. 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/nih-admits-funding-gain-function-125103852.html

Interesting, but I'm not sure the letter actually implies what the news outlets are reporting.

The letter being cited specifically says in the 2nd paragraph that the research could not have led to SARS-CoV-2 and that the research was looking at naturally occurring coronaviruses with a spike protein, not that the research created such viruses.

If NIH was funding gain of function, then it's really damning for Fauci, but I think the news media is getting ahead of themselves. I'd like to hear what the experts think the letter means.

17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I just had a neighbor friend die from complications of COVID. He was in the ICU for over a week and didn't make it. He wasn't vaccinated. He's leaving behind a wife and 16 year old son. Get vaccinated people!! It's not a freedom issue or a political issue, it's a health issue!

Sorry to hear about your friend/neighbor.  It's dumbfounding to me that all of us do not think this way.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Sorry to hear about your friend/neighbor.  It's dumbfounding to me that all of us do not think this way.

Thanks, man.  We spent most of the day Sunday hanging out with my neighbor's wife and with other neighbors, remembering my friend who passed.  My friend wasn't anti-vaccine, he was nervous about getting the shot because he had some underlying health issues.  Unfortunately, his underlying health issues probably didn't help when he got COVID, and without the vaccine the Delta variant attacked his body in so many areas.  It's a tragic loss as he and his wife are both teachers in the area, and have had a positive impact on so many lives of young people.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1