The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yes, Fauci was quite clearly totally comfortable working in the Trump administration. It was completely and totally obvious that they got along. I hear they still meet for lunch every Tuesday.

Are you trying to say that Fauci never said he was never muzzled prior to the 2020 election?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 11/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, Archy1221 said:

Fauci has unfortunately said on record he was never muzzled:dunno while working under previous admin. 

And here is @Archy1221 dropping yet another red herring in a thread.  Worthy of two up votes from the peanut gallery too.  What does Fauci have to do with the article I linked?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you trying to say that Fauci never said he was never muzzled prior to the 2020 election?

I think Fauci to his credit tried his best to publicly say things so the base of the right didn't think he was insulting the President. Most on the right dislike him anyway.

But honestly, use your own eyes for once and stop seeing what the party wants you to see. Fauci was eventually not involved in COVID press briefings (before they were stopped for long periods after Trump said extradinarily dangerous things multiple times), Fauci was eventually not involved in the COVID Task Force meetings (Trump opted for Dr. Atlas, a choice that likely cost the lives of thousands).

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think Fauci to his credit tried his best to publicly say things so the base of the right didn't think he was insulting the President. Most on the right dislike him anyway.

But honestly, use your own eyes for once and stop seeing what the party wants you to see. Fauci was eventually not involved in COVID press briefings (before they were stopped for long periods after Trump said extradinarily dangerous things multiple times), Fauci was eventually not involved in the COVID Task Force meetings (Trump opted for Dr. Atlas, a choice that likely cost the lives of thousands).

Honest question for you.   What has Biden done to actually help stop Covid that wasn’t previously done?   And I will give you mask mandates on Federal Property. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

And here is @Archy1221 dropping yet another red herring in a thread.  Worthy of two up votes from the peanut gallery too.  What does Fauci have to do with the article I linked?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/05/21/robert-redfield-cdc-coronavirus-273544

Maybe the peanut gallery knows what they are talking about.  Sorry that pains you so much that you had to comment on it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Honest question for you.   What has Biden done to actually help stop Covid that wasn’t previously done?   And I will give you mask mandates on Federal Property. 

I think not relying on quack doctor - Dr. Atlas believed in natural herd immunity and believed masks and social distancing did not help - is important. 

I think the Biden Administration's messaging on COVID is superior. They continue to advocate for mask wearing and for vaccine usage. 

The Biden Administration held consistent COVID Press Briefings, 3 times per week using a science based approach. The Trump Administration held briefings but they eventually had notable gaps - often a month or longer - because of the sheer incompetency of Trump. They no longer wanted to deal with embarrassing moments (like injecting bleach or touting ineffectivetreatments). The Biden Administration has not had anything close to something that embarrassing and still advocates for mask usage, vaccines, and for social distancing for the unvaccinated. 

The Trump administration also handled the coordination and logistics battle of the pandemic poorly. Ultimately they left huge portions of the pandemic response up to individual states, leading to confusion and a slow response. There are reports of the conference calls, involving most of the state governors, delvolving into confusion and asking questions without a response. (Never forget Kushner telling the press that certain resources belong to the Federal Government, and not to the states). States eventually bid against each other on resources like PPE, Oxygen, etc. driving up their cost and making the pandemic response uneven and less effective. The Biden Administration, in contrast, holds meetings with states three times per week and uses federal authority to set standards for pandemic response.

Honest question for you,  do you think more Americans died because Trump allowed a psychopath like Dr. Scott Atlas to head the Coronavirus task force? A person who theorized that social distancing did not work, masks do not work, and that the country should aim for natural herd immunity through infection without mitigation. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

How about: Taken it seriously?

It seems like some Republicans try to play this game where they retcon the entire thing and just pretend the Trump administration tried very hard and treated COVID very seriously the entire time they could address it.

The rest of us were there. We saw their response. They hocked unproven treatments that didn't end up working, wouldn't tell people to vaccinate, held party gatherings at the White House that generated outrbeaks and wound up telling us it would magically go away, sans any proof.

Come on, man. Asking us not to remember that stuff is insulting our intelligence. These two responses aren't equal.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I see where you're going, and you're not entirely wrong. The vaccine development and subsidized rollout were already in place when Biden took office, and the administration has since followed the playbook the CDC had already established under Trump. Only an idiot leader would try to undermine the best available public health options for saving American lives.

But that's what the idiot leader before Biden did. 

Only when a vaccine looked promising enough to help him win reelection did Donald Trump stop hawking snake oil cures, and honestly he never stopped pretending he knew more about science and stuff than Dr. Fauci. 

Biden has done what he needed to do.

We'll never know, but it certainly would have been interesting if the COVID Vaccine had been branded the Trump Vaccine as he wanted, and whether that would have changed folks opinions on getting the shot.

• Plus1 2

How about this approach? Singapore is considering refusing hospitalization for COVID patients who refused the COVID vaccine.

Pretty cold, but pretty pragmatic. A personal accountability position even conservatives could get behind ---- if it wasn't COVID.

Singapore is such an interesting case. The ultimate pro-business hub of capitalist enterprise, but with a hard core government keeping everyone in line. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How about this approach? Singapore is considering refusing hospitalization for COVID patients who refused the COVID vaccine.

Pretty cold, but pretty pragmatic. A personal accountability position even conservatives could get behind ---- if it wasn't COVID.

Singapore is such an interesting case. The ultimate pro-business hub of capitalist enterprise, but with a hard core government keeping everyone in line. 

Hell yeah, they beat the s#!t out of criminals over there!

6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Honest question for you,  do you think more Americans died because Trump allowed a psychopath like Dr. Scott Atlas to head the Coronavirus task force? A person who theorized that social distancing did not work, masks do not work, and that the country should aim for natural herd immunity through infection without mitigation. 

If you can show me where he actually said all this, then I will answer your question.  And not what you think he meant.  That he said no mitigation whatsoever. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you can show me where he actually said all this, then I will answer your question.  And not what you think he meant.  That he said no mitigation whatsoever. 

can you show us where republicans push for vaccines and masks as hard as they push the stolen election crap?   of course they said once or twice to take the vaccine or wear a mask..then they proceed to poo poo masks and vaccines and tell people they don't need them over and over and over again.   heck...they sell shirts with "say no to the fauci ouchie" on them. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1