The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

21 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think you'll see an uptick in cases, but I'm hopeful that Merck and Pfizer's antiviral treatments, combined with some level of immunity across the populous, will result in far fewer deaths and severe illness.

I could see an additional 20-30% increase in cases, agree with you on the treatments combined with the vaccinated and previously infected being a source of the infections should lead to fewer fatalities.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I could see an additional 20-30% increase in cases, agree with you on the treatments combined with the vaccinated and previously infected being a source of the infections should lead to fewer fatalities.  

Agreed. I think the issue is if hospitals run out of beds from combined covid, flu, and respiratory going around, then fatalities will increase due to lack of available care.

• Plus1 1

Everything I'm seeing the past few weeks points to COVID becoming a more serious version of the flu/pneumonia that we will have to deal with for the rest of our lives.

The good news, I suppose, is that we are developing lots of ways to mitigate it and life should return to the way it was before.....when most Americans didn't know that the common flu killed 60,000 people a year. A little education and a significant increase in flu vaccinations is going to save some lives, too. 

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Everything I'm seeing the past few weeks points to COVID becoming a more serious version of the flu/pneumonia that we will have to deal with for the rest of our lives.

The good news, I suppose, is that we are developing lots of ways to mitigate it and life should return to the way it was before.....when most Americans didn't know that the common flu killed 60,000 people a year. A little education and a significant increase in flu vaccinations is going to save some lives, too. 

I had no idea the flu killed that many people each year.  That was a surprize to me.

• Plus1 1

This OSHA ETS is becoming the complete s#!t show I thought it would.  Yes, it's tied up in courts.  But, the rumors flying around employees is so damn frustrating and good employees are seriously saying they will quit if it's put in place.  I know at least two people who quit their jobs (health care) already because of it.  This piece of crap OSHA mandate has instantly made managing employees a lot more difficult even though it's tied up in courts.

If this gets put through.  Expect a red wave like not seen before over the next several elections.  I seriously can not vote for a politician that would support this.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This OSHA ETS is becoming the complete s#!t show I thought it would.  Yes, it's tied up in courts.  But, the rumors flying around employees is so damn frustrating and good employees are seriously saying they will quit if it's put in place.  I know at least two people who quit their jobs (health care) already because of it.  This piece of crap OSHA mandate has instantly made managing employees a lot more difficult even though it's tied up in courts.

If this gets put through.  Expect a red wave like not seen before over the next several elections.  I seriously can not vote for a politician that would support this.

Do people quit their jobs if OSHA  requires hard hats on a job site or if employees are required to have any other safety measures?

If people want to be stupid and quit their jobs, let them. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Do people quit their jobs if OSHA  requires hard hats on a job site or if employees are required to have any other safety measures?

If people want to be stupid and quit their jobs, let them. 

Yeah...that's nice.  Try running a company when key people quit over stupid stuff the government is doing.

I can't explain their actions.  I'm just saying it's happening. 

I know of a small town hospital that has been told by enough nurses that they will quit that they don't know if they can stay open.  Yeah...put it in place and just let them quit.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...that's nice.  Try running a company when key people quit over stupid stuff the government is doing.

I can't explain their actions.  I'm just saying it's happening. 

I know of a small town hospital that has been told by enough nurses that they will quit that they don't know if they can stay open.  Yeah...put it in place and just let them quit.

The OSHA's goal is to protect people on the job.

If people want to quit because they don't want to wear a hard hat or whatever else, let them. The governments job isn't to take into consideration the idiots that think hard hats are a conspiracy, it's to protect workers from workplace accidents.

This isn't different. If your employees or any other want to quit, they will. They will also find the other employers require vaccines as well - assuming it holds up in court. 

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The OSHA's goal is to protect people on the job.

If people want to quit because they don't want to wear a hard hat or whatever else, let them. The governments job isn't to take into consideration the idiots that think hard hats are a conspiracy, it's to protect workers from workplace accidents.

This isn't different. If your employees or any other want to quit, they will. They will also find the other employers require vaccines as well - assuming it holds up in court. 

So, wearing a hard hat is the same as putting something in your body you don’t want or getting something rammed up your nose weekly. 

Got it. 

your body your choice, right?  

Good lord, and I’m even pro vaccine. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, wearing a hard hat is the same as putting something in your body you don’t want or getting something rammed up your nose weekly. 

Got it. 

I don’t understand why this should bother us? 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Got it. 

I would not bother with this topic, not the vaccine but OSHA...clearly Guy has never dealt with them.  They are insane and if everyone followed all the OSHA rules all the time...nothing would get done at work.

With that said, funny story

Years ago I was working golf course maintenance and my boss calls me over and goes "Dude, look at this...you think that is OSHA approved?" and he points to one of our old retired dudes that worked with us...lit cig in his mouth, inside the shed, pouring gas from a can into a cart...

• Haha 3