The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Once again ol Buster putting words in people’s mouths to fit a false narrative he wants to push.  I’m perfectly fine with people paying taxes and would like them to.  But I’m not fine with the overreach.  If they want to catch the billionaires ( like people claim this is for) then just audit the billionaires. Pretty simple.  

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

And this is Archy acting like....aaaahaa....gotcha.

Which he doesn't.

• Plus1 2

On 11/23/2021 at 5:34 AM, teachercd said:

Nope, not a requirement at public schools.  All you need is a notarized waiver form.

Private schools are probably like 50/50 on it.

Not entirely accurate, as many states and school districs have vaccination requirements. 

https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/School-Immunization.aspx

"To attend school, children in Nebraska are required to be immunized against the following diseases:

• Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
• Polio
• Measles, mumps, and rubella
• Hepatitis B
• Varicella (chicken pox)"

This is just for Nebraska, I'm sure the requirement vary from state to state each with their own waivers and process to exempt students. I would guess that the vast majority get the required shots.

So, @Archy1221, no I'm not wrong. It took 30 seconds to figure out that schools require vaccinations. Yes, @teachercd is correct that there waivers.

Also, for those curious you can view the CDCs website to see what vaccinations are recommended or required for foreign travel:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/the-bahamas

Vaccines are required for all kinds of things, this is normal and necessary for public health. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Not entirely accurate, as many states and school districs have vaccination requirements. 

https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/School-Immunization.aspx

"To attend school, children in Nebraska are required to be immunized against the following diseases:

• Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
• Polio
• Measles, mumps, and rubella
• Hepatitis B
• Varicella (chicken pox)"

This is just for Nebraska, I'm sure the requirement vary from state to state each with their own waivers and process to exempt students. I would guess that the vast majority get the required shots.

So, @Archy1221, no I'm not wrong. It took 30 seconds to figure out that schools require vaccinations. Yes, @teachercd is correct that there waivers.

Also, for those curious you can view the CDCs website to see what vaccinations are recommended or required for foreign travel:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/the-bahamas

Vaccines are required for all kinds of things, this is normal and necessary for public health. 

This is just here in Omaha but if you want to "get around it" you can, unless it is a private school, they can do what they want.  The religious waiver in Nebraska doesn't even ask you about your faith or need a signature from a "holy man"

With that said, the vast majority of kids are vaxxed in schools, probably over 90% and that is probably even low.

I am guessing that Montana is not going to f#&% around while California will let you use a waiver for pretty much any reason you want.

I don't know what schools will do in the future with Covid vax because they don't do anything with a flu vax...I know I know, calm down, Covid is not the flu. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is just here in Omaha but if you want to "get around it" you can, unless it is a private school, they can do what they want.  The religious waiver in Nebraska doesn't even ask you about your faith or need a signature from a "holy man"

With that said, the vast majority of kids are vaxxed in schools, probably over 90% and that is probably even low.

I am guessing that Montana is not going to f#&% around while California will let you use a waiver for pretty much any reason you want.

I don't know what schools will do in the future with Covid vax because they don't do anything with a flu vax...I know I know, calm down, Covid is not the flu. 

Yeah, I think the goal is to vaccinate as many people as possible. So, with that goal in mind, requirements are extremely successful. 

• Plus1 1