The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

51 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think it is 3 new shots on top of the first Covid vax?  Not sure though.

And I don't know how spaced out the 3 new ones would be.

I'm not sure where you're seeing this as there's no new vax for omicron. Just the same vax we already have, which is 2 shots and then a booster for Moderna and Pfizer.

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure where you're seeing this as there's no new vax for omicron. Just the same vax we already have, which is 2 shots and then a booster for Moderna and Pfizer.

It was here, maybe I read it wrong.  I was sort of just skimming.  Maybe it means IF they create it one for Decepticon's virus. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/12/08/will-omicron-change-what-fully-vaccinated-means-biontech-ceo-says-full-vaccine-regimen-against-variant-is-3-doses-not-2/?sh=2a4fcd9675e3

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The article mentions that the "booster" is the 3rd shot.  However, they would like the booster to actually be part of the initial regimen to garner better results.

As of now, you need to be 6 months past the second shot to get the booster.  The article says they would like to see that timeframe shortened.

• Plus1 2

Fauci on Omicron: 

“There is some suggestion that it might even be less severe, because when you look at some of the cohorts that are being followed in South Africa, the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalizations seems to be less than with delta," he said, noting that populations being followed had skewed young and were less likely to be hospitalized due to the disease.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Here's one approach to making COVID go away.

Florida just pretends thousands of new COVID deaths aren't happening.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/10/17/for-105-days-covids-death-toll-in-florida-counties-went-missing/

Article is a little confusing.  Is it saying that total deaths were not reported, or that they just weren't providing where the deaths were occurring at the county level?

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Canada did their first two shots spread out more and it seems to be with longer immunity success.  Which makes sense I guess verse the compacted way the US did it. 

I read 3 months apart is better. No idea if that is true. I suspect the US was trying to get people vaxed sooner. My son will get his 3 months apart. That wasn’t intentional. He had stomach flu 2 weeks after the first which delayed the second shot and then one thing after another got in the way.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I'm an avid science hobbyist but I'm definitely no scientist. Do these findings show that Covid was present specifically in humans years before we thought? Or just that the virus has existed? Because we've known of corona viruses for some time, just (to the best of my understanding) not in humans.

4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I'm an avid science hobbyist but I'm definitely no scientist. Do these findings show that Covid was present specifically in humans years before we thought? Or just that the virus has existed? Because we've known of corona viruses for some time, just (to the best of my understanding) not in humans.

I'm pretty sure that it's been found that Omicron is not a direct descendant of Alpha or Delta and that it's a cousin to Alpha and has been around for a lot longer.  

I'm sure some will try to use this as proof that some how the scientists are hiding something about the pandemic.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

"Well it doesn't much matter now that I've had it" says covid lady after hearing her neighbor down the hall; who has just been hospitalized for his 2nd covid infection and said "the second infection is way worse - you don't want this ... get the vax".

Idiots.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1