The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

We may....or may not have.....had shots of tequila in the office to celebrate.

Luckily my business is small enough that I didn’t have to worry about it. But yeah, I would’ve been very vocal and a lot more excited about this deal if it would’ve affected me. Down side is, I had no reason to do body shots today :lol:

It will be interesting to see what the 2021 numbers show with Delta in there.  

It was always such a crime to lock kids out of their social interactions after the 2020 school year ended.  I understood the need in March and April, maybe even May to finish out the year , but beyond that it was insane for the Fauci’s of the world to cow tow to the teachers unions and not demand kids back in school for their own well being.  

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It was always such a crime to lock kids out of their social interactions after the 2020 school year ended.  I understood the need in March and April, maybe even May to finish out the year , but beyond that it was insane for the Fauci’s of the world to cow tow to the teachers unions and not demand kids back in school for their own well being.  

This is confusing correlation with causation. The increase in drug/alcohol deaths in teens could just as easily be caused by the stress of the pandemic or some other cause (or multiple causes) and have little or nothing to do with lockdowns or closures of schools. And a whole lot of effort went into trying to keep schools open despite the pandemic, so I'm not sure it's nearly as simply as that tweeter wants to believe.

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, RedDenver said:

This is confusing correlation with causation. The increase in drug/alcohol deaths in teens could just as easily be caused by the stress of the pandemic or some other cause (or multiple causes) and have little or nothing to do with lockdowns or closures of schools. And a whole lot of effort went into trying to keep schools open despite the pandemic, so I'm not sure it's nearly as simply as that tweeter wants to believe.

Not much else was different in 2020 vs any other year except Covid lockdowns and school closures.  

In many places, there was pretty much zero effort to keep schools open or re-open schools because of the teachers unions.  

I can’t think of many pediatricians off the top of my head that didn’t think locking kids out of social interactions was harmful to their development and mental psyche.   

• Plus1 2

Anecdotal evidence here but was wondering what others are hearing….

Of the people that I know are boosted, well over 50% and the number is probably close to 80% have gotten Covid since mid December.   Thankfully every single one has done relatively well with it and no hospitalizations.  I’m just surprised at how inefficient the booster is at preventing simple infection.    Vaccines and boosters seem to be doing the main job well still!  

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Closing down schools and f#&%ing with the kids schedule is the reason.  

Juniors in HS have never had a normal HS year as of yet.  I see it everyday.  

Plus when you shut down or go remote...it gives kids more "free" time party.

• Plus1 3
On 1/14/2022 at 9:52 AM, Archy1221 said:

a person could look at those charts and think that the more time kids spent under the bad influence of their parents the more likely they are to drink themselves to death

• Haha 2