The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

So let's continue to question vaccines in favor of treatments that are proven to be ineffective against Omicron.   Got it.  Glad the unlicensed dentist or whatever he claims to be is a leading expect in virology.  

Screenshot_20220128-105034.thumb.png.33f841a2bd1357f5a2755a94852db828.png

You mind letting us know where he “questioned” vaccines in that clip?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

So let's continue to question vaccines in favor of treatments that are proven to be ineffective against Omicron.   Got it.  Glad the unlicensed dentist or whatever he claims to be is a leading expect in virology.  

where does rand paul see it saying that liberals get the antibodies but not conservatives?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You mind letting us know where he “questioned” vaccines in that clip?  

Wasn't he one of the Einsteins who refused to get vaccinated because he had Covid and is now supposedly  "immune"?  Or was that the other science denying rep from Kentucky?  Or maybe I've just read that take parroted here. 

I mean is the line he's going to take is to get infected with each and every variant that comes down the pike since he apparently won't personally adopt any mitigation efforts?  That'll end well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What is the correct response when an anti-Vaxxer who has been so judgmental, so wrong, and such a danger to others, dies of COVID? 

Dancing on their graves sounds harsh, but there's gotta be a way to trumpet the irony and hope it counts as evidence to their flock. 

Ron Paul was a legit libertarian. Rand Paul is a camera whore.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 6:39 PM, Scarlet said:

f#&% me Alice...there goes my credit score

I wonder if you put a bunch of spoons on your face (since vaccines magnetize you, you know, according to this brave doctor), I'm talking, like, hundreds and hundreds of spoons, if all that metal will help dampen the signals beaming out of your headbones from the TOXIC JAAARRRRRRRRBBBBB and save your Google credit score? I didn't even know Google had its own credit service but it does not surprise me.

:waste

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Turns out Officer LaMay was a right wing media darling before he met his maker.  I wonder if Ingraham will follow up with some facts that if he had been vaxxed and boosted he would almost assuredly still be around.  Probably not.  That might piss off the base.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:51 AM, Scarlet said:

Since we’re all  in the mood for correcting posts, and complaining about plus 1’s on posts that were wrong, I think we are still waiting for this one to be corrected.  

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Since we’re all  in the mood for correcting posts, and complaining about plus 1’s on posts that were wrong, I think we are still waiting for this one to be corrected.  

What needs to be correcting?  Paul has said he wouldn't get vaxxed because he's immune. That's wrong.  He's not immune.

He's also wrong about the effectiveness about the currently available monoclonal antibodies on the Omicron variant. 

And before you pull out recent studies showing prior infection provides more protection than vaccines alone the data from those studies was prior to Omicron and boosters.  Most importantly Rand Paul's decision isn't one of vaccination vs non-vaccination.  Since he had a prior infection, if he were to get vaccinated, his level of protection would be better than either purely vaccinated or prior infection only.  It's not either or.

https://ijr.com/cdc-study-natural-immunity-significantly-protection-covid/

The individuals most protected against infection were those who had previously had COVID-19 and were also vaccinated. Their infection rate was 32.5 times lower in California and 19.8 times lower in New York.

The agency noted that natural immunity proved more efficacious as the delta variant became predominant and vaccine-induced immunity for many began to wane.

The CDC also highlighted that the study took place before omicron became the dominant variant in the U.S. and before the impact of booster shots could be adequately measured

Point being people listen to Rand Paul.  I'm not sure why but they do.  He's flat wrong both about his continuing to tout his prior infection as some sort of immunity combined with his apparent view that current monoclonal antibodies will save you after infection and his take that Omicron is nature's vaccine is not only wrong, it's dead wrong.

Now about the evidence he has of liberals dancing on the graves of antivaxxers.  Does he have proof of that?  Because if he does I'd like to see it.  And if he does then that would be completely f#&%ed up.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Now about the evidence he has of liberals dancing on the graves of antivaxxers.  Does he have proof of that?  Because if he does I'd like to see it.  And if he does then that would be completely f#&%ed up.

Just go to the Herman Cain award subreddit.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

What needs to be correcting?  Paul has said he wouldn't get vaxxed because he's immune. That's wrong.  He's not immune.

He's also wrong about the effectiveness about the currently available monoclonal antibodies on the Omicron variant. 

And before you pull out recent studies showing prior infection provides more protection than vaccines alone the data from those studies was prior to Omicron and boosters.  Most importantly Rand Paul's decision isn't one of vaccination vs non-vaccination.  Since he had a prior infection, if he were to get vaccinated, his level of protection would be better than either purely vaccinated or prior infection only.  It's not either or.

https://ijr.com/cdc-study-natural-immunity-significantly-protection-covid/

Point being people listen to Rand Paul.  I'm not sure why but they do.  He's flat wrong both about his continuing to tout his prior infection as some sort of immunity combined with his apparent view that current monoclonal antibodies will save you after infection and his take that Omicron is nature's vaccine is not only wrong, it's dead wrong.

This is what you said….

So let's continue to question vaccines in favor of treatments that are proven to be ineffective against Omicron.

He didn’t question vaccines in favor of treatments which is what your claiming.  Your wrong and won’t admit it.  

You also just said this….

“Paul has said he wouldn't get vaxxed because he's immune. That's wrong.  He's not immune.”

People who get vaccinated are not immune from infection either so what’s your point.   Both sets are very protected from hospitalization and death according to the science.  Unless you are a science denier which you seem to be at this point.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is what you said….

So let's continue to question vaccines in favor of treatments that are proven to be ineffective against Omicron.

He didn’t question vaccines in favor of treatments which is what your claiming.  Your wrong and won’t admit it.  

You also just said this….

“Paul has said he wouldn't get vaxxed because he's immune. That's wrong.  He's not immune.”

People who get vaccinated are not immune from infection either so what’s your point.   Both sets are very protected from hospitalization and death according to the science.  Unless you are a science denier which you seem to be at this point.  

The point is Paul is wrong and people should get vaccinated and boosted to protect themselves from Covid. 

I get your point is to defend Paul and anything Republican for some stupid reason, but man it gets old. Particularly over this subject where it's easy to find and actually listen to Paul and other republicans say stupid s%^& about not needing to be vaccinated. 

• Plus1 3