The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I am equally perplexed at you bringing up mask mandates. Not sure where on this odd tangent we find ourselves in I ever spoke to that.   

This is/was my only point:  The fatality rate of Omicron is significantly less than any flavor of COVID that came prior…due to some combination of immunity in the population and characteristics of the strain itself.

I didnt realize this was such a polarizing assertion. I thought most knew this. 

Read my posts again. Except this time read them and respond to the specific points I made, written specifically to acknowledge your positions. 

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Read my posts again. Except this time read them and respond to the specific points I made, written specifically to acknowledge your positions. 

I did my best the first time. Let’s just shake hands at this point and acknowledge what an apparent waste of time this was. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

I think in any mass transit, tight quarters situation, masks should be required even sans covid...the flu sucks.

Literally wearing a mask does not bother me, nor do I take some inherent disrespect when one is required. 

No. If you want to wear one great. I don’t look down on people that do. But, the vast majority don’t need to be forced to wear one. 

• Plus1 3

We have been maskeelss since lat Jan (I think) at school.  

If we were to be forced to go masked again I would rather we just go on zoom instead.  I think that makes more sense if safety is really the number 1 concern in schools.

I have not flown recently but I could not imagine how annoying it would be to be on some 5 hour flight and have to wear a mask.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

We have been maskeelss since lat Jan (I think) at school.  

If we were to be forced to go masked again I would rather we just go on zoom instead.  I think that makes more sense if safety is really the number 1 concern in schools.

I have not flown recently but I could not imagine how annoying it would be to be on some 5 hour flight and have to wear a mask.

It's not bad unless you're a total crybaby whiny wuss

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's pretty interesting that people are this balled up about wearing masks during a pandemic that's killed a million Americans, but no one complains about taking their shoes off during their security check. 

Or wearing pants. Wearing pants sucks.  My Johnson gets cramped and uncomfortable every time I do.  I can't image having to wear pants on a five hour flight.  It's my constitutional right to flop my schwantz out whenever and wherever I want.  This is tyranny!!

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Or wearing pants. Wearing pants sucks.  My Johnson gets cramped and uncomfortable every time I do.  I can't image having to wear pants on a five hour flight.  It's my constitutional right to flop my schwantz out whenever and wherever I want.  This is tyranny!!

Schwantz!  LOVE IT!

But there is a problem with that, if we are just naked on planes, per capita, there would be a lot of kids seeing schwantzes.  And per capita is all that matters.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's pretty interesting that people are this balled up about wearing masks during a pandemic that's killed a million Americans, but no one complains about taking their shoes off during their security check. 

I mean, people do b!^@h about that.

And that is only like a 30 second process.  We love to complain!

• Plus1 1