The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's pretty interesting that people are this balled up about wearing masks during a pandemic that's killed a million Americans, but no one complains about taking their shoes off during their security check. 

Because we are TSA approved?  No need to complain about something we don’t have to do:dunno

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, people do b!^@h about that.

And that is only like a 30 second process.  We love to complain!

It's not remotely the same as masks. We have hundreds of posts here about masks, truckers rampaging through the mean streets of DC, protests, cries of tyranny, calls for putting CDC directors in jail... 

People have absolutely lost their minds over masks.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's not remotely the same as masks. We have hundreds of posts here about masks, truckers rampaging through the mean streets of DC, protests, cries of tyranny, calls for putting CDC directors in jail... 

People have absolutely lost their minds over masks.

I think we are making two different points.

We both agree that people b!^@h about the shoe thing.  You just said "complain" not the other stuff that you mentioned later.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think we are making two different points.

We both agree that people b!^@h about the shoe thing.  You just said "complain" not the other stuff that you mentioned later.

We both agree that there aren't multiple posts within multiple threads with people griping about shoes. And we both agree that mask complaints are silly and overblown

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Show me the complaints about shoes here. I must be missing them.

I hate taking my shoes off at the airport.

Why is this so hard to admit that people complain about the shoe thing?

And yes, people b!^@h (and do way more horrible things) about the masks.

8 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I hate shoes. 

Stop complaining!  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I hate taking my shoes off at the airport.

Why is this so hard to admit that people complain about the shoe thing?

And yes, people b!^@h (and do way more horrible things) about the masks.

You seem to be attempting to equate the two, when we all can admit that people accept the shoe thing and have massive protests over masks. 

That's an easy thing to admit, right? We can admit these are not protested equally, right? 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You seem to be attempting to equate the two, when we all can admit that people accept the shoe thing and have massive protests over masks. 

That's an easy thing to admit, right? We can admit these are not protested equally, right? 

Yes, I said that!

But you said "complain" in your first post.  You gave the example, not me.  Just go change post.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's pretty interesting that people are this balled up about wearing masks during a pandemic that's killed a million Americans, but no one complains about taking their shoes off during their security check. 

I gave TSA per check so I don’t have to take off my shoes. 

if you want to wear a mask.  Go for it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The vast majority of travelers wore masks without complaining. However, now having a choice is a good thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I gave TSA per check so I don’t have to take off my shoes. 

if you want to wear a mask.  Go for it. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

The vast majority of travelers wore masks without complaining. However, now having a choice is a good thing. 

Nobody wants to wear masks. Nobody wants to have to take their shoes off. 

One of these is met with a "meh, that's dumb." 

The other has been widely protested, resulting in flight attendants being assaulted, people banned from flights, mass protests and literally a hundred complaints here alone. 

It's almost like one has been intentionally politicized and the other wasn't. 

• Plus1 1