The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I had a guy ask me why I was wearing a mask in a liquor store.  I asked him why he was wearing a hat.  He just muttered something.

Do you think you will wear a mask forever now?

I work with a few people that still do and will be for the foreseeable future.  

• Plus1 1

It pisses me off when someone now complains about someone else wearing a mask. First, you have no clue what that persons story is. Second, people who want to still wear a mask and be socially accepted is a big part of people who don’t want to wear a mask being able to do that. 

I just generally get kissed when someone complains about someone else’s choices that doesn’t affect anyone else. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Do you think you will wear a mask forever now?

I work with a few people that still do and will be for the foreseeable future.  

This was during the Omicron surge.  But everyone is different and for me, a mask doesn't bother me at all so why not?  

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

This was during the Omicron surge.  But everyone is different and for me, a mask doesn't bother me at all so why not?  

I just mean are you going to wear a mask forever now?

The KN95 mask is annoying as f#&%.  The regular cloth masks are not bad at all.  I never did try the gaiter?  

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The KN95 mask is annoying as f#&%.  The regular cloth masks are not bad at all.  I never did try the gaiter?  

I don’t care if people want to still wear a mask. It doesn’t affect me and some of them may have a good reason to do so. I do kind of chuckle at the people I see alone in their car wearing a mask. I imagine many of them are just so used to it that they forget it’s on. But it’s none of my business. However I did get annoyed earlier in the pandemic, before vaccines, at people who wouldn’t wear one out in the stores and such. Kind of surprised I didn’t get into any kerfuffles with some of the comments I made.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t care if people want to still wear a mask. It doesn’t affect me and some of them may have a good reason to do so. I do kind of chuckle at the people I see alone in their car wearing a mask. I imagine many of them are just so used to it that they forget it’s on. But it’s none of my business. However I did get annoyed earlier in the pandemic, before vaccines, at people who wouldn’t wear one out in the stores and such. Kind of surprised I didn’t get into any kerfuffles with some of the comments I made.

I have not seen a car masker in a while!

I did see a bike masker.

I will not wear them again unless we are forced.  But if we are ever forced to wear them again I would imagine schools would go remote.  The only time I even sort of minded wearing one is when my building went to the KN-95 mask and wearing that all day while trying to lecture was really bad.

The cloth mask while teaching was totally fine.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have not seen a car masker in a while!

I did see a bike masker.

I will not wear them again unless we are forced.  But if we are ever forced to wear them again I would imagine schools would go remote.  The only time I even sort of minded wearing one is when my building went to the KN-95 mask and wearing that all day while trying to lecture was really bad.

The cloth mask while teaching was totally fine.

Yeah I won’t wear it again unless forced. I’ve been that way fir quite awhile. I’ll keep getting any boosters and if the vid gets me, it gets me. I’ve had it twice and vaxxed 3 times. I’m just not concerned about it at all. And I’m no longer concerned about those who aren’t vaccinated. They need to fix that or stay away from people. Not my problem.

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I guess you're assuming I wear one all the time now.  If I'm in a poorly ventilated room, elbow to elbow with people I either don't bother hanging there or I wear a mask.  If the ventilation is good and cases are down then I'll skip the mask. 

I'm basically kicking the can down the road to see what happens with future vaccines, data on long Covid, Covid treatments, and whether this will wind up about as virulent as the cold.  My hobbies require a fully functioning cardio vascular system and I hate sucking a lung while doing them.   

• Thanks 1