Jump to content
knapplc

The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Recommended Posts

On 3/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, QMany said:

It’s grotesque and indefensible, but I’m sure @Notre Dame Joe @Redux et al will be here soon enough trying their best. 

This kind of stuff isn't cool either and is best reserved for the Shed.

Share this post


Link to post

I just learned you can't post something that is political as your update status.  Okay.  First I've heard of that ... but I stay out the politics area as much as I can.  Thanks @Mavric for letting me know.  Always appreciate the work our Mods do.

Anyway, Rachel Maddow has been pretty vocal on her views.  Is this really "journalism" ... probably at Mizzou it is.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLJB0VoqVQY?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&fbclid=IwAR3IqnhTg8XH0j7uqlbX8Sbsoeq52iqhcrw3IWnBSqZiW_Nlc5ZZDxJ8d0E

I found it humorous to see both ships come into port over the past few days ... right on schedule.  I'm not gonna spend much time trying to redo the "status update" I did.  You can go watch the videos if you like.

Now, I'll wait to see this 2-3.5 million lives get snuffed out in America.  I'm sure the side that wants that to happen will be gloating in no time.  And when it doesn't happen ... I'm not expecting anything.  Just like when folks said we were gonna go 10-2 or 9-3 the past few years.  Ya, you will go find your rock.  It's okay ... the rest of us just wish you could be a part of humanity instead of trying to right in all things.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:


Now, I'll wait to see this 2-3.5 million lives get snuffed out in America.  I'm sure the side that wants that to happen will be gloating in no time. 

No one wants that to happen and nobody will be gloating about it so we can just shut that narrative down right now 

  • Plus1 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Anyway, Rachel Maddow has been pretty vocal on her views.  Is this really "journalism" ... probably at Mizzou it is.

It'd be more accurate to call it editorial journalism, hence the reason I spend very little time listening to those types of things.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Oof. Distancing can't work if you don't distance.

 

 

They want to be first on board:dunno

Share this post


Link to post

lol....trump had the my pillow guy talk at todays press conference.   not sure what expertise he brings to the convo....but there he is.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well the leader of Belarus said that Vodka and saunas should kill the virus...so...

 

 

They don't need an excuse to drink more vodka. I was there in the fall and I never drink liquor straight because I'm a chicken (I don't even like beer) and I was basically forced to drink vodka straight on 3 different occasions.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, commando said:

lol....trump had the my pillow guy talk at todays press conference.   not sure what expertise he brings to the convo....but there he is.

Perfect timing for a my pillow infomercial. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Pretty wild that some officials in Texas would use coronavirus as a path to preventing abortions.

 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-abortion/u-s-judge-stops-texas-from-curbing-abortions-during-coronavirus-crisis-idUSKBN21H3B1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pregnant women should ask the government for an extra $500 to see how much Republican politicians actually believe that a fetus is a child.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

 

 

 

 

Pregnant women should ask the government for an extra $500 to see how much Republican politicians actually believe that a fetus is a child.


You just may have found the solution for the abortion stalemate. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

They don't need an excuse to drink more vodka. I was there in the fall and I never drink liquor straight because I'm a chicken (I don't even like beer) and I was basically forced to drink vodka straight on 3 different occasions.

That is sooooo accurate!  Some of those countries look at Vodka as a healthy drink of Potato Juice!

Share this post


Link to post

So much for the hopes in the low death count yesterday being the start of a trend - today back up to 600 :(

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I just learned you can't post something that is political as your update status.  Okay.  First I've heard of that ... but I stay out the politics area as much as I can.  Thanks @Mavric for letting me know.  Always appreciate the work our Mods do.

Anyway, Rachel Maddow has been pretty vocal on her views.  Is this really "journalism" ... probably at Mizzou it is.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLJB0VoqVQY?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&fbclid=IwAR3IqnhTg8XH0j7uqlbX8Sbsoeq52iqhcrw3IWnBSqZiW_Nlc5ZZDxJ8d0E

I found it humorous to see both ships come into port over the past few days ... right on schedule.  I'm not gonna spend much time trying to redo the "status update" I did.  You can go watch the videos if you like.

Now, I'll wait to see this 2-3.5 million lives get snuffed out in America.  I'm sure the side that wants that to happen will be gloating in no time.  And when it doesn't happen ... I'm not expecting anything.  Just like when folks said we were gonna go 10-2 or 9-3 the past few years.  Ya, you will go find your rock.  It's okay ... the rest of us just wish you could be a part of humanity instead of trying to right in all things.

I’m trying Hard to figure out your “angle”

 

You seemed to have claimed this was no big deal from the start and people are over reacting.  But also don’t seem to disagree with the steps local governments are taking.

 

And now that those steps seem to be working “a little” (2 million deaths if we did nothing, possibly 100,000 with current measures) you seem to again claim that it wasn’t that big of deal.

 

No one, no one at all, wants to see even 1 more death.  We ALL want to go back to the lives we had 2 months ago.  But it is pretty safe to assume that if the media didn’t make these scary projections based on information from medical professionals, people would not have taken this seriously, and we might have seen the catastrophic numbers that were originally projected.  That is the point of the media.  Instead of saying they overreacted, how about saying “thank you” for possibly saving 1.9 million lives?

  • Plus1 7

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...