The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Vaccine shedding is very rare because the pathogen in the vaccine is dead.  This is a common myth spread by antivaxers.  

Agreed, Buster - But it does occur. It's the specific reason that you'll see a sign on the door of an oncology ward that says 'Do not enter if you've been recently vaccinated.'

I want to be wrong on this prediction and I really just want this to all be over. On a personal note, although I'm extremely blessed to had already have been setup to work 100% from home even prior to the pandemic, I am seriously so tired of being cooped up at home. 

Really wondering when "normal" comes back.

11 minutes ago, Undone said:

Agreed, Buster - But it does occur. It's the specific reason that you'll see a sign on the door of an oncology ward that says 'Do not enter if you've been recently vaccinated.'

I want to be wrong on this prediction and I really just want this to all be over. On a personal note, although I'm extremely blessed to had already have been setup to work 100% from home even prior to the pandemic, I am seriously so tired of being cooped up at home. 

Really wondering when "normal" comes back.

Only with live vaccines which are very seldom used.  It hasn't happened significantly since the oral polio vaccine in the 50s.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Only with live vaccines which are very seldom used.  It hasn't happened significantly since the oral polio vaccine in the 50s.

Yeah. It's rare to the point of not being an issue to people on the street.  Oncology wards (with which I have significant experience) are a unique setting. No spike in infections is going to come from that source. 

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hah! I originally read that as saying that after 10pm there won't be alcohol for 30 days, and I figured there'd be a riot.

When my friend sent me the article, I kinda read it that way too! 

This blows though. We are finally having our wedding ceremony this weekend and the venue closes at 10, so now we don't have any options for an after party except to go back to the hotel to drink in the rooms 

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

This blows though. We are finally having our wedding ceremony this weekend and the venue closes at 10, so now we don't have any options for an after party except to go back to the hotel to drink in the rooms 

Call off the wedding.

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hah! I originally read that as saying that after 10pm there won't be alcohol for 30 days, and I figured there'd be a riot.

South Africa actually currently does have a ban on alcohol due to COVID. I have a friend living there currently.

34 minutes ago, GSG said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but if it makes you feel any better, I have quite a few friends who had absolute blasts at the hotel after their weddings. One of them was in a small Kansas town and we just booked it back to the hotel at 10:15.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but if it makes you feel any better, I have quite a few friends who had absolute blasts at the hotel after their weddings. One of them was in a small Kansas town and we just booked it back to the hotel at 10:15.

Absolutely. See if the Hotel has a conf room, and explain the situation. Then order a ton of Mc D's dollar menu food - and have a couple cases on hand. After party would be a rager.

20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Absolutely. See if the Hotel has a conf room, and explain the situation. Then order a ton of Mc D's dollar menu food - and have a couple cases on hand. After party would be a rager.

Since almost everyone is staying at the same hotel we asked about renting a room. COVID restrictions put the capacity at about half. Plus if you rent a room, they require a bartender if you want alcohol and they don't have any bartenders available for this weekend lol

C'est la vie 

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

Since almost everyone is staying at the same hotel we asked about renting a room. COVID restrictions put the capacity at about half. Plus if you rent a room, they require a bartender if you want alcohol and they don't have any bartenders available for this weekend lol

C'est la vie 

Well s#!t, room parties it is....I'll dedicate one of my many Coors Lights to you on Saturday night