The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Ate out, at a restaurant, today for the first time since probably late February or early March. It was a bit eerie for prime time Saturday with the lack of people, huge table spacing and every other booth out of commission. Not sure how many restaurants will be able to afford that for very long. Also, I felt sorry for the wait staff. The people dining of course were able to take their/our masks off while at the table but the staff always had theirs on, helping to protect us while they place themselves at risk just so they can earn a buck. On the plus side the food and service was excellent.  We’ve gotten carry out quite a few times but have avoided dining out until today.

Nothing exciting, just thought I’d share.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ate out, at a restaurant, today for the first time since probably late February or early March. It was a bit eerie for prime time Saturday with the lack of people, huge table spacing and every other booth out of commission. Not sure how many restaurants will be able to afford that for very long. Also, I felt sorry for the wait staff. The people dining of course were able to take their/our masks off while at the table but the staff always had theirs on, helping to protect us while they place themselves at risk just so they can earn a buck. But the good thing was, the food and service was excellent.  We’ve gotten carry out quite a few times but have avoided dining out until today.

Yeah, I think I have gone out to eat twice...It is sort of weird, like eating in a library.  Quiet, spaced out...just odd.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I think I have gone out to eat twice...It is sort of weird, like eating in a library.  Quiet, spaced out...just odd.

Yep, it's strange.

We went to Denver for a graduation party (wife's cousin's kid) and that was also pretty much a first since this all started. I couldn't bring myself to eat any of their food as I wasn't sure who had handled or breathed on it etc. Needless to say I was hungry by the time it was over. So we hit up one of our favorite places on the way home and I had 2 of my favorites, Fried mushrooms and liver and onions. My wife won't allow liver to be cooked in our house but I gotta have it once in a while.

BTW, I wore cargo shorts :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

Yep, it's strange.

We went to Denver for a graduation party (wife's cousin's kid) and that was also pretty much a first since this all started. I couldn't bring myself to eat any of their food as I wasn't sure who had handled or breathed on it etc. Needless to say I was hungry by the time it was over. So we hit up one of favorite places on the way home and I had 2 of my favorites, Fried mushrooms and liver and onions. My wife won't allow liver to be cooked in our house but I gotta have it once in a while.

BTW, I wore cargo shorts :lol:

Live...Onions...Cargo shorts?

What kind of a man are you?????

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This kind of filth belongs in the woodshed.

( :D )

Liver and onions might be too risqué and confrontational even for the shed.

It’s right up there with ketchup on hot dogs (which I like) and pineapple on pizza (which I do not).

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Ate out, at a restaurant, today for the first time since probably late February or early March. It was a bit eerie for prime time Saturday with the lack of people, huge table spacing and every other booth out of commission. Not sure how many restaurants will be able to afford that for very long. Also, I felt sorry for the wait staff. The people dining of course were able to take their/our masks off while at the table but the staff always had theirs on, helping to protect us while they place themselves at risk just so they can earn a buck. On the plus side the food and service was excellent.  We’ve gotten carry out quite a few times but have avoided dining out until today.

I go out to a brewery/bar/restaurant probably twice a week on average. They are always deserted. I don't know how America's service industry is ever going to make it.

43 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I go out to a brewery/bar/restaurant probably twice a week on average. They are always deserted. I don't know how America's service industry is ever going to make it.

This and future pandemics will probably give birth to different kinds of restaurants/services. E.g. more restaurants that are efficient for take out/delivery.