The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, Decoy73 said:

Hmmm.  Would there maybe be resistance to a mask mandate because you, as Govenor, have already threatened to resist it?   If the Gov’s logic is true, then shouldn’t we get rid of speed limits so people aren’t tempted to speed?  

https://omaha.com/news/local/ricketts-defends-his-stance-that-mask-mandates-are-counterproductive-would-encourage-resistance/article_295ee69a-bcf5-5db2-9999-c0a28e14f7cd.html?mode=comments

As well as legalizing recreational marijuana and gambling.

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

My mom tells me the same cousin I deleted from FB who posted about the Robert E. Lee statue has now vowed to never shop at Walmart again because they require masks. It's hilarious that that is the reason someone would boycott Walmart. She loves Trump so I'd think she'd care more about buying Chinese products.

I wish all Trumpers would boycott Walmart. Solves lots of problems, primarily the people of Walmart website.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

In 1918 during the spanish flu epidemic...the same thing happened.

They threw thousands who wouldn't wear masks in JAIL.

After they did that, people started to comply.

But wait...who would do that now? Certainly can't expect the rotten, ne'er do well, ACAB, defunded police force to do that....right?

• Plus1 1

Looks like we have a district here in Nebraska where the teachers (not all but some) are over it and have some wristbands made up, depending on the color you wear determines if you are cool with kids coming up to you or not...and they are not doing the mask thing (the teachers)

My daughter's college just cancelled in-person classes an hour ago. 100% remote learning. On Monday we will find out how many tens of thousands of dollars it will cost to have an unhappy 19 year living in her childhood bedroom, learning on the same screen she desperately needs to get off. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My daughter's college just cancelled in-person classes an hour ago. 100% remote learning. On Monday we will find out how many tens of thousands of dollars it will cost to have an unhappy 19 year living in her childhood bedroom, learning on the same screen she desperately needs to get off. 

:(:blink::throw

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you think she is unhappy now...wait until about October when you have the "nerve" to ask her where she is going and when she will be back home.  Ha

• Haha 2