The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 10/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, Danny Bateman said:

We're in a dark place when a frozen meat product's surprisingly enlightened Twitter account understands a worldwide pandemic better than the President and his hand-picked snake oil salesman on the COVID task force.

I had no idea Steak-umm was still around!  i loved that stuff as a kid!

I also think we are about 4 weeks away from schools that are "open" going back to hybrid. 

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I certainly understand the argument against holding rallies all over the country, it's absolutely irresponsible, but the Vice President of the United States is very much an essential job. They have access to the best testing, and I'm sure he's tested often, so I have no issue with him continuing to go about his work.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I certainly understand the argument against holding rallies all over the country, it's absolutely irresponsible, but the Vice President of the United States is very much an essential job. They have access to the best testing, and I'm sure he's tested often, so I have no issue with him continuing to go about his work.

But I believe that's what the quote is in response to. They're not saying he shouldn't work, just that he shouldn't be in contact with a bunch of people while campaigning. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

But I believe that's what the quote is in response to. They're not saying he shouldn't work, just that he shouldn't be in contact with a bunch of people while campaigning. 

Yeah, I wouldn't consider campaigning to be essential, but like I said, I imagine he and his immediate staff are tested often, probably daily. Maybe that isn't a safe assumption, but if it is they should be able to manage the spread within the room.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, I wouldn't consider campaigning to be essential, but like I said, I imagine he and his immediate staff are tested often, probably daily. Maybe that isn't a safe assumption, but if it is they should be able to manage the spread within the room.

One would think...

But if the past month has shown us anything, the WH  isn’t really good at it.

• Plus1 3