The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

trumpers seem to think it does. 

And? Trumpers aren't really a group I associate with intellectual honesty.

The fact is Pfizer has a contract with the US government, so seems like Pfizer's original statement was probably wrong.

• Plus1 1

I think they didn't want to partner with the government for the R&D because they probably didn't want to give up any rights to the vaccine. They are thinking bigger picture than just vaccinating the US. I think it is a calculated gamble on Pfizer's part.

If this works, it will be interesting how they will use it in areas of the world that has limited or no electricity. The storage requirements for the current iteration of this product will limit the reach into some areas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, commando said:

with our surge around here i believe it's only a matter of time before the huskers get shut down. 

A couple OPS schools are down for two weeks.

I know some area principals that are basically begging the parents to lock their kids up in the house 24/7.

And finding a sub right now is harder than finding an open Husker WR.

• Plus1 2

I can only imagine how much worse the pandemic is going to get over the next few months now that we are entering an infectious disease's most impactful environment, Winter. The upper midwest is already in a precarious situation on November 10. The numbers have been surging unchecked while outdoors activities were possible, how much worse do they get once everyone is forced inside? How much worse does it get as we introduce the seasonal flu? 

I think the past 8-9 months was just a warmup unfortunately.