The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m making the effort to show no one should be subject to that type of raid unless there is clear worry of a violent act.  Don’t think either person fit that mold.  You seem to think it’s ok in one investigation you like but not one you don’t like.   That’s fine, to each his own.  

Rodger Stone was being arrested. There is very little parallel between the two situations and the fact you bring Stone into the conversation shows your agenda. Its a laughable comparison really. 

• Plus1 6

On 12/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, knapplc said:

I can't decide what's worse--the GOP's tethering of their platform to radical, extremist, profit-driven Christianity, or their systematic undermining of the public education system to purposely turn out uneducated/undereducated voters that can be easily manipulated by charlatans and con (wo)men. 

At this point, the GOP and most of their current supporters is a dumpster fire that's only eclipsed by the dumpster fire that is the White House COVID-19 response. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

My wife is constantly complaining about the people she works with at her hospital.  

This nurse's beliefs/behaviors are very common among RN's.  Most of them are just smart enough to be so brazen about it and put their deeds on TikTok.  Although, a group of her coworkers did get blasted for sharing a picture on FB of a group of a dozen or so out at the bar after a shift, some still in scrubs, wearing no masks, and huddled around a table for a selfie picture.  

• Fire 1
56 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My wife is constantly complaining about the people she works with at her hospital.  

This nurse's beliefs/behaviors are very common among RN's.  Most of them are just smart enough to be so brazen about it and put their deeds on TikTok.  Although, a group of her coworkers did get blasted for sharing a picture on FB of a group of a dozen or so out at the bar after a shift, some still in scrubs, wearing no masks, and huddled around a table for a selfie picture.  

meh...frontline RN's get tested constantly I assume. Plus, they hopefully have the proper PPE to keep them safe. 

If they are all co-workers, from the same shift, who have been together for the past 12 hour shift, let them gather and blow off some steam. Mask or no mask, if they are distanced from everybody else in the place. They deserve it.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:15 PM, Archy1221 said:

That was a CNN exclusive, right?  So Drew Holden is using CNN reporting to bolster his argument?

Interesting.

Of course the news media reported all kinds of skepticism regarding China's response and culpability from the very beginning, and this merely confirms they were right.

You may be mistaking the "praise and defense" for the fact that China's incredibly strict lockdown actually was successful, and the same news media accurately reported that those same measures wouldn't go over well in America.  Don't know where you get the idea that liberals trust China, a country without a free press. As far as being apologists, I think at some stage around March when the coronavirus was going global, some folks thought calling it "the China Virus" or "The Kung Flu" had a xenophobic edge that didn't really help the cause moving forward.

• Plus1 1
On 12/8/2020 at 8:44 AM, Archy1221 said:

Good to know you are the arbiter of what a crime is.  Neither person deserved that type of raid on their home.  Sad you think it was.

I will stop replying Since it’s the Covid thread as to not derail it further.  

Again, like everything, there's a tiny bit of nuance here. 

The arrest of Roger Stone was needlessly dramatic and designed for the cameras, which were notified and waiting. 

But lying to the FBI and a lifetime of creating professional disinformation contains a real crime and a notorious a$$h@!e. A data scientist accused of insubordination for using an office computer to encourage whistle blowers on behalf of public safety doesn't rise to the same level.

Fun fact: Roger Stone has never denied that he lies, slanders, and creates political chaos. He's actually quite proud of it. 

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, like everything, there's a tiny bit of nuance here. 

The arrest of Roger Stone was needlessly dramatic and designed for the cameras, which were notified and waiting. 

But lying to the FBI and a lifetime of creating professional disinformation contains a real crime and a notorious a$$h@!e. A data scientist accused of insubordination for using an office computer to encourage whistle blowers on behalf of public safety doesn't rise to the same level.

Fun fact: Roger Stone has never denied that he lies, slanders, and creates political chaos. He's actually quite proud of it. 

I don’t deny your fun fact.  Still doesn’t change my opinion and original pint that BOTH raids seemed excessive.  

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t deny your fun fact.  Still doesn’t change my opinion and original pint that BOTH raids seemed excessive.  

Your post suggested you thought people (liberals) should have been equally upset with the Stone arrest, and I just want you to admit they're not equal situations at all. 

• Plus1 5
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Your post suggested you thought people (liberals) should have been equally upset with the Stone arrest, and I just want you to admit they're not equal situations at all. 

My post suggests that the treatment each person received in their given scenario was excessive.  

• Plus1 1