The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I have connections in hospitals. They have been told they should get first round vaccinations in the Spring.

That makes me think gen pop won't get them until late summer at the earliest. 

Good thing I have some cool looking masks lined up for winter, spring and summer.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I have connections in hospitals. They have been told they should get first round vaccinations in the Spring.

Good thing I have some cool looking masks lined up for winter, spring and summer.

Doctors that I work with are getting vaccinated through hospitals between next week and mid Jan.  
Healthy, 16+yr olds will start getting vaccinated well before late summer.  
Operation Warp Speed members are saying 70% of population will be vaccinated by around Easter.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Doctors that I work with are getting vaccinated through hospitals between next week and mid Jan.  
Healthy, 16+yr olds will start getting vaccinated well before late summer.  
Operation Warp Speed members are saying 70% of population will be vaccinated by around Easter.  

We will see. My wife and I have been given no timeline. I read Ricketts is expecting 16,000 doses in the first batch. Not near enough to cover the Docs, RNs, LPNs, RTs, CNAs, PTs, OTs and phlebotomist, and pharmacists in the state. I’d guess it’s gonna be awhile until all frontline workers have a shot in their arm.

18 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We will see. My wife and I have been given no timeline. I read Ricketts is expecting 16,000 doses in the first batch. Not near enough to cover the Docs, RNs, LPNs, RTs, CNAs, PTs, OTs and phlebotomist, and pharmacists in the state. I’d guess it’s gonna be awhile until all frontline workers have a shot in their arm.

Hopefully with Moderna vaccine coming on board possibly next week, and AZ in Jan., the shipments will be coming fast.  Would love it if OWS could exceed the distribution of vaccine schedule like they did the development schedule. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hopefully with Moderna vaccine coming on board possibly next week, and AZ in Jan., the shipments will be coming fast.  Would love it if OWS could exceed the distribution of vaccine schedule like they did the development schedule. 

It will be interesting. Takes a lot of pieces moving in the right direction. I’ll let you guys know what I’m hearing. Sometimes I’m the last to know haha, such is healthcare. 

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, knapplc said:

• Plus1 1

I wonder if the vaccine will work against new strains?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13474181/new-coronavirus-strain-spreading-hancock/

A NEW strain of coronavirus which may spread even quicker has been identified in large parts of England, Matt Hancock revealed today - as he plunged millions more Brits into Tier 3.

The Health Secretary told MPs that a new "variant" has been discovered in up to 60 places across the UK - and the World Health Organisation has been informed.