The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 minutes ago, commando said:

we all know that trump can do no wrong and always tells the truth.   we must nuke china for suggesting that trump isn't being totally honest.

Funny thing is my wife came home from work talking about a coworker with a husband stationed at Offutt.  Apparently the scuttlebutt within this guys coworkers is that the Chinese military created it to spread havoc around the world....

I think both are ridiculous, but I'd honestly believe the Chinese over the US.  Why would China want to shut down the world's economy when they make a killing off of exporting things to the US?  They wouldn't.   Now, why would the US want to shut down China's ability to trade with the world?  hmmmm...

26 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I find the best way to be practical is to know the situation you are dealing with. Underselling the situation actually creates more fear when it really does become worse.

It's really not rocket science stuff.  I disagree with you that he or I are "underselling" anything with this.  Yet, I personally believe the Pletheravirus that is being fed is creating undo fear.  I'm also one who will believe that you will see anything close to 1.5 million deaths in America from this.  I have nothing to base this on ... this is my last post here ... not a fan of the political forum and my one post proved it again to me.

Peace ... Out.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It's really not rocket science stuff.  I disagree with you that he or I are "underselling" anything with this.  Yet, I personally believe the Pletheravirus that is being fed is creating undo fear.  I'm also one who will believe that you will see anything close to 1.5 million deaths in America from this.  I have nothing to base this on ... this is my last post here ... not a fan of the political forum and my one post proved it again to me.

Peace ... Out.

You're right it's infectious disease science, and experts who dedicate their lives to the study of these things disagree with your opinion which is based on absolutely nothing. I think I'll listen to the experts on this one and be prepared for the situation. You know who didn't panic because of a worldwide flood that destroyed the entire world? Noah, because he knew it was coming and he was ready for it. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You're right it's infectious disease science, and experts who dedicate their lives to the study of these things disagree with your opinion which is based on absolutely nothing. I think I'll listen to the experts on this one and be prepared for the situation. You know who didn't panic because of a worldwide flood that destroyed the entire world? Noah, because he knew it was coming and he was ready for it. 

These people can’t stand to hear things that make them uncomfortable or they disagree with. They live in their bubble with news that they agree with and what comforts them. If something happens that they disagree with it’s a media hoax or not real - because god forbid that bubble pop.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

These people can’t stand to hear things that make them uncomfortable or they disagree with. They live in their bubble with news that they agree with and what comforts them. If something happens that they disagree with it’s a media hoax or not real - because god forbid that bubble pop.

What's unfortunate is that attitude is going to make this situation worse than it could have been.

• Plus1 2