The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Reaons for what????  Pick one.  I got vaccinated.  I went to the game and wore my mask.  Please.  Watch any sporting event where people have been in attendance with their masks off, masks not on properly, friends sitting together, yelling, talking, congregating etc.  Please.  Thats just inside the stadium.

Take a look at the videos out there of some of the pre SB festivities in Tampa that are floating around.  Same exact scene as the NC videos after they beat Duke.  Nothing like a Mardi Gras type of celebration right now amirite?!?!?  

The sh#! ain't over y'all.  Y'all can pretend like it is though but again to each...  

I've been very supportive of precautionary actions taken ever since the beginning.  But, there has to be some reasonableness to it all and at some point, we have to start getting back to some form of normalcy.  

Teams have had this level of fans in the stands all season.  It's an out door stadium.  People can't sit with friends who have been in their close contact group all along?  How do you know they aren't family members or room mates that live together?

You obviously don't feel comfortable with it.  So, it's good that you didn't go to the game.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Reaons for what????  Pick one.  I got vaccinated.  I went to the game and wore my mask.  Please.  Watch any sporting event where people have been in attendance with their masks off, masks not on properly, friends sitting together, yelling, talking, congregating etc.  Please.  Thats just inside the stadium.

Take a look at the videos out there of some of the pre SB festivities in Tampa that are floating around.  Same exact scene as the NC videos after they beat Duke.  Nothing like a Mardi Gras type of celebration right now amirite?!?!?  

The sh#! ain't over y'all.  Y'all can pretend like it is though but again to each...  

Were you one of the 7,500 front line workers invited? If so, thank you so much for all you have done during this past year.

I still stand by my assertion that at some point, with vaccines and lower counts, we need to move towards what probably should have been put in place at the beginning. My thought has always been they should have:

Complete shut down for 14 days.

Isolate the most susceptible. 

Precautions for all others.

Protocols in place for positive "hot spots".

Continue ad infinitum without ruining the jobs market and the economy.

33 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

^

That's a interesting idea Devo with the complete shutdown for 14 days.  Then isolating the most susceptible.  Without any sort of 'plan' at all from the government we weren't even able to try something like that unfortunately.  That's a whole other can of worms.  

Ya didn’t parts of Europe do that?  Did well for a bit then they were in worse shape than the US at times toward the end of the year.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya didn’t parts of Europe do that?  Did well for a bit then they were in worse shape than the US at times toward the end of the year.  

Definitely could be. For my money, this would have been the way to approach it at first. With over 300k of our 400k casualties age 65 or over, such an approach probably would have worked initially, and once it became apparent that folks under 50 had very little chance of dying, then they could have ramped up protocols for the geriatric crowd and everyone else could have pretty much carried on like normal.