The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

20 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Is measles causing a pandemic right now?  Do we already have situations where we need to provide proof of vaccination?  Wouldn't the requirement to provide proof of vaccination be up to the individual business?  You know, liberty and such. 

If you want to create your own little vaccine passport so you can show the Walmart greeter before entering, have at it. 

• Plus1 1

Are we arguing if vaccine passports are morally good or bad? Wouldn't this be a way for people to disclose on their own accord if they had the vaccine or not? I suppose it would be better than taking a picture of the CDC immunization card and posting it on social media. This may create some inequities for those without the means to obtain the passport (digital or paper). 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, NUance said:

If measles was new to the world like Covid-19 and no one had immunity or was vaccinated then, yes, there would likely be a measles pandemic right now.  

The hospitalization rate and death rate for measles is comparable to Covid-19.  And measles is much more contagious.  

Not sure what that has to do with my reply except you just made my point.  It's not a pandemic now.  So the point I replied to is meaningless.

18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you want to create your own little vaccine passport so you can show the Walmart greeter before entering, have at it. 

And if Walmart wants you to show your proof of vaccination and you don't have it you can stay in your car seat.  

37 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Not sure what that has to do with my reply except you just made my point.  It's not a pandemic now.  So the point I replied to is meaningless.

You pretty much just want to argue with everyone, don't you?  Good bye. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

And international travel?  Nope, not without vaccination records. 

But this? Tyranny, or whatever.  :rolleyes:

You can't travel internationally without vaccination records? Maybe I need to rethink the places I travel to because there are many places that I have been that have not asked me for my vaccination records. 

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Vaccine passports are not good 

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

How many times have you proven that you are vaccinated for measles in order to go into a store? 

There is a very simple solution for you. Nobody is holding a gun to your head for your vaccine records. If you don't want to acquire or show it to anyone, don't. It is your decision. If the business where you refuse to provide it doesn't allow you to shop or use their services, that is their decision. Free enterprise man.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

There is a very simple solution for you. Nobody is holding a gun to your head for your vaccine records. If you don't want to acquire or show it to anyone, don't. It is your decision. If the business where you refuse to provide it doesn't allow you to shop or use their services, that is their decision. Free enterprise man.

And it's all faux outrage. Far more of their personal information is being used by their phone or Alexa than any vaccine passport, but nobody is outraged about that.

It's just another nonissue drummed up as an outrage to keep the masses angry. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1