The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You have to carry a shirt around with you, and shoes, to enter most places. Does that bunch your jimmies too?

You carry your phone, which gives away reams of data about you, are you outraged about that, too?

I actually don’t have to carry around a shirt or shoes to enter any place.  And what’s are jimmies?  

Your dead set on this phone thingy comparison aren’t you.   It gives away ‘reams’ of data if you allow it too.  But interestingly enough, none of that data is health record  related. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

I actually don’t have to carry around a shirt or shoes to enter any place.  And what’s are jimmies?  

Your dead set on this phone thingy comparison aren’t you.   It gives away ‘reams’ of data if you allow it too.  But interestingly enough, none of that data is health record  related. 

So now we're pretending the only information we're outraged about is health related. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It may blow your mind but your phone gives away data if you allow it to or not. I guess if it is turned off with the battery removed it doesn't, but that wouldn't be a very useful phone. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

This is the case across the board. Deaths are likely being undercounted everywhere. I’m no fan of DeSantis, but you seem to really want there to be clear evidence that Florida has fared much worse than other places. The data is unclear at this point, and it will likely take a long time for us to figure out exactly what was successful or not region to region. 

No, just dispelling the myth that Florida, despite the governor flouting the mitigation practices that science has proven to save lives, has somehow magically done better than everywhere else.  That's the myth being put forward by the right.  How many lives has that cost?  If you listen to the past administration's task force experts, 100s of thousands.  I don't know, but that seems to be what really matters here.  That and getting this thing tamped down before new variants are allowed to arise and breakthrough our current vaccines and deaths again skyrocket.  

And undercounting may be happening everywhere but more so in pro-Trump areas.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/25/undercounting-covid-19-deaths-greatest-in-pro-trump-areas-analysis-shows/

"Tens of thousands of Covid-19 deaths are going unreported in the U.S., with far more missed in counties that strongly supported former President Trump, according to new research.

The figures suggest that political leanings have helped suppress the true scale of deaths."

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Kids can’t get Covid shots so there’s that.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You do know that you don’t have to carry around a vaccine record with you.  Right?  But I suspect you already knew that but wanted to give a glib response

FriendlyOpulentLeafbird-max-14mb.gif

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, commando said:

parents have to provide them when the kids are enrolled.    they even have to provide vaccination records to my wife when kids are enrolled in her daycare.   it isn't a joke like you think it is.   

I have four kids my man (or woman).  I know the system and how it works.  Guess what parents don’t have to do?  They don’t have to provide vaccine records when going to the grocery store, when going to Dave and Busters, when going out to eat, when going to the pool, when going.....we’ll practically anywhere. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I have four kids my man (or woman).  I know the system and how it works.  Guess what parents don’t have to do?  They don’t have to provide vaccine records when going to the grocery store, when going to Dave and Busters, when going out to eat, when going to the pool, when going.....we’ll practically anywhere. 

So? Suck it up and be a team player. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

@Enhance has chided you multiple times on this intentional obtuseness. It's not conversing in good faith. Be better. 

What is this, the ninth or tenth time you try and turn me into the principals office?  Phones and Covid vaccines are not analogous and your posts are the ‘obtuse’ ones.  Nobody on here is talking phones but you.  

• Plus1 2