The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/6276372002

"Paul wrote on Twitter. "The data on mask mandates actually shows an INCREASED rate of COVID cases after the mandates."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has continually advocated for wearing masks, noting in a report this week that "experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2.""

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/6276372002

"Paul wrote on Twitter. "The data on mask mandates actually shows an INCREASED rate of COVID cases after the mandates."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has continually advocated for wearing masks, noting in a report this week that "experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2.""

You forgot the question he asked in that same quote.   He seems to be asking why infection rates go up after the mandates.  Valid question. It’s actually what doctors and scientists do.  They question what’s happening.  Similar to ventilator questions in May for Covid patients.  

One other quick note, I noticed you didn’t touch on the immunity thing that the paper was hitting Rand on which Rand turned out to be right.  I mean half the article was trying to dunk on Rand that and now the paper has egg on its face.  

"Doesn’t anyone care to know if mask mandates help?" Paul wrote on Twitter. "The data on mask mandates actually shows an INCREASED rate of COVID cases after the mandates."

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You forgot the question he asked in that same quote.   He seems to be asking why infection rates go up after the mandates.  Valid question. It’s actually what doctors and scientists do.  They question what’s happening.  Similar to ventilator questions in May for Covid patients.  

One other quick note, I noticed you didn’t touch on the immunity thing that the paper was hitting Rand on which Rand turned out to be right.  I mean half the article was trying to dunk on Rand that and now the paper has egg on its face.  

"Doesn’t anyone care to know if mask mandates help?" Paul wrote on Twitter. "The data on mask mandates actually shows an INCREASED rate of COVID cases after the mandates."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/pj-media/%3famp

He's was quoting data from PJmedia....lol

They're credibility is equal that of the Daily Mail source you used a few days ago, if not worse. 

Have you ever heard of a loaded question?

He's wrong about this.  Best not to dig in more. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/pj-media/%3famp

He's was quoting data from PJmedia....lol

They're credibility is equal that of the Daily Mail source you used a few days ago, if not worse. 

Have you ever heard of a loaded question?

He's wrong about this.  Best not to dig in more. 

He’s actually not wrong once a person looks at the mandate timeline and the peak infection point in time for  a states or counties Covid daily infections occurred in.  The winter wave shows this    My own county shows this. 

It probably wasn’t the mask mandates that caused the Covid daily infections to increase and that would be my answer to his question.  Personally I think masks work, mandates is another question.  

It’s best to not dig in more in trying to state Covid cases went down long term with mask mandates.

One should also notice Senator Paul didn’t say masks don’t work, that I can see.  Please show me if I missed it.   He’s a Libertarian and his issue is with the mandate.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He’s actually not wrong once a person looks at the mandate timeline and the peak infection point in time for  a states or counties Covid daily infections occurred in.  The winter wave shows this    My own county shows this. 

It probably wasn’t the mask mandates that caused the Covid daily infections to increase and that would be my answer to his question.  Personally I think masks work, mandates is another question.  

It’s best to not dig in more in trying to state Covid cases went down long term with mask mandates.

One should also notice Senator Paul didn’t say masks don’t work, that I can see.  Please show me if I missed it.   He’s a Libertarian and his issue is with the mandate.  

Mask mandates are put into place after cases start to rise and usually when positivity rates are through the roof.  You're not going to a drop in cases immediately after a mandate is in place.  It takes time due to a lag in testing, a lag in symptom onset, etc.  He is misrepresenting the data.  Intentionally or just from a lack of epidemiology experience or both I don't know.  But I'll trust the experts on this over Rand Paul and his source, PJmedia.  I'm wondering how many lives his questioning or misrepresenting the science has cost.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Mask mandates are put into place after cases start to rise and usually when positivity rates are through the roof.  You're not going to a drop in cases immediately after a mandate is in place.  It takes time due to a lag in testing, a lag in symptom onset, etc.  He is misrepresenting the data.  Intentionally or just from a lack of epidemiology experience or both I don't know.  But I'll trust the experts on this over Rand Paul and his source, PJmedia.  I'm wondering how many lives his questioning or misrepresenting the science has cost.

My county had a mask mandate starting in July and cases peaked in December.  That’s more than a few weeks after.  

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My county had a mask mandate starting in July and cases peaked in December.  That’s more than a few weeks after.  

You keep posting anecdotes and opinions from people who have no experience whatsoever and I keep posting scientific studies. 

What's your point?  Do you really find masking in public places that much of an inconvenience for a once in a lifetime health crisis?  Even after you've had Covid or have been vaccinated is it too much to ask to stay patient? 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7010e3.htm

• Plus1 4
23 minutes ago, Scarlet said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You keep posting anecdotes and opinions from people who have no experience whatsoever and I keep posting scientific studies

Where did you post a study showing Covid infections did not peak higher after mask mandates were put into place?  If you want data, check out the link.  Then compare the Covid-19 infection peaks to the date mask mandates were put in place.  

https://usafacts.org/covid-recovery-hub/

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Where did you post a study showing Covid infections did not peak higher after mask mandates were put into place?  If you want data, check out the link.  Then compare the Covid-19 infection peaks to the date mask mandates were put in place.  

https://usafacts.org/covid-recovery-hub/

if we start having a surge in infection rates again...maybe we should just skip the mask mandate and see how high the surge can go isntead of implementing a mask mandate tos tem the surge?  the mask mandates only get implemented when cases are surging.  they get taken off when the surge is under control....then when the rates started rising again another mandate was put in place.    the data is being misrepresented on the cause and effect IMO.   

• Plus1 4