The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Ok shoot.  What parameters would you set?

The Doctor from UNMC said something last summer about not being safe to reopen until the cases were something like 1 per 100,000.  I'm probably way off on my numbers, but someone somewhere much smarter than I knows what that number is.  I don't think it's out of line to share that with the public.

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The Doctor from UNMC said something last summer about not being safe to reopen until the cases were something like 1 per 100,000.  I'm probably way off on my numbers, but someone somewhere much smarter than I knows what that number is.  I don't think it's out of line to share that with the public.

Shoot, remember at the start of the school year we all thought we would not make it to Labor day???

Cases got higher and higher and we basically just stayed in school.

• Fire 1
15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

How about when infections are well below 10,000 per day?  Would that be a suitable answer?

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

How about when infections are well below 10,000 per day?  Would that be a suitable answer?

I don't know.  I'm not an infectious disease doctor.

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Shoot, remember at the start of the school year we all thought we would not make it to Labor day???

Cases got higher and higher and we basically just stayed in school.

No kidding!  Looking at the numbers from November compared to May of 2020 it is amazing that we stayed open.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Ok shoot.  What parameters would you set?

I’m not the infectious disease expert and highest paid government employee.  Nor do I make government policy decisions so it’s not up for me to say really.  

50% of seniors being vaccinated would have been a very strong signal to open up though. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, funhusker said:

I don't know.  I'm not an infectious disease doctor.

Well that's what Fauci said yesterday in his reply to Gym.  

"That would be that the number of infections per day are well below 10,000 per day," Fauci said. "At that point, and up to that point, there would be a gradual pulling back of some of the restrictions you're talking about."

https://abc7ny.com/fauci-clashes-with-gop-lawmaker-over-when-covid-restrictions-should-be-eased-/10519432/

To me he answered the question and from then on it was Gym just grandstanding. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Well that's what Fauci said yesterday in his reply to Gym.  

"That would be that the number of infections per day are well below 10,000 per day," Fauci said. "At that point, and up to that point, there would be a gradual pulling back of some of the restrictions you're talking about."

https://abc7ny.com/fauci-clashes-with-gop-lawmaker-over-when-covid-restrictions-should-be-eased-/10519432/

To me he answered the question and from then on it was Gym just grandstanding. 

I missed that.  I only watched the posted link on here and didn’t hear him actually give a number. I have no reason to disagree with Fauci

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's a piece of cloth.  Get over it.  Snowflakes.

Eh, I am not a snowflake and I over the masks.  I wear one for 8 hours a day, it is getting old for me, I am vaccinated as well.

Now, do I care about a political statement, no.  But I am over the masks, I am guessing you are as well.  It doesn't make you a bad person to be over it, it makes you normal.  

• Plus1 3

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/04/20/ted-nugent-who-called-covid-19-a-scam-says-hes-been-crippled-by-the-virus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Another denier sick as hell.   Now Ted Nugent.

“I guess I would ask you, because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common sense meter would demand the answer to: Why weren’t we shut down for Covid 1 through 18?” Nugent said last Monday on Facebook, apparently unaware the “19” is for 2019, the year the virus was first discovered."

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Eh, I am not a snowflake and I over the masks.  I wear one for 8 hours a day, it is getting old for me, I am vaccinated as well.

Now, do I care about a political statement, no.  But I am over the masks, I am guessing you are as well.  It doesn't make you a bad person to be over it, it makes you normal.  

I wear one for eight hours too.  No problem.  And you know what?  I'm not on Twitter crying about it and grandstanding.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Scarlet said:

I wear one for eight hours too.  No problem.  And you know what?  I'm not on Twitter crying about it and grandstanding.  

Right, but you are over it.  That is my point.  If you had a choice to wear or not wear, you would not wear.  That is okay, me too!

And you are not crying about having to wear one you are crying on the other side, which again is normal.  That is what people do.  They "cry" about their side.

I don't have a side because I am not a political nut.  But I am over wearing masks, even though I still wear one, but I would just rather not, just like you would rather not.  Not sure why you are fighting that.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Right, but you are over it.  That is my point.  If you had a choice to wear or not wear, you would not wear.  That is okay, me too!

And you are not crying about having to wear one you are crying on the other side, which again is normal.  That is what people do.  They "cry" about their side.

I don't have a side because I am not a political nut.  But I am over wearing masks, even though I still wear one, but I would just rather not, just like you would rather not.  Not sure why you are fighting that.

Actually I like wearing one.  I'm fuggggly.