The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

To try and set an example :dunno

I've tried taking the pandemic as serious as I can.  However, stuff like this is growing old.  For instance, I know the local TV station sends reporters out to do stories by themselves.  They set run the camera and everything.  So often they are outside and not around anyone else....and wearing a mask.  I get the "setting an example".  But...come on.  There's taking it seriously...then there's a time to start acting normal.

And, for the "why does it matter if he wears a mask".  There have been times when the reporter is wearing a mask...with nobody around...outside...and it's hard to understand what he's saying with the mask on.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've tried taking the pandemic as serious as I can.  However, stuff like this is growing old.  For instance, I know the local TV station sends reporters out to do stories by themselves.  They set run the camera and everything.  So often they are outside and not around anyone else....and wearing a mask.  I get the "setting an example".  But...come on.  There's taking it seriously...then there's a time to start acting normal.

And, for the "why does it matter if he wears a mask".  There have been times when the reporter is wearing a mask...with nobody around...outside...and it's hard to understand what he's saying with the mask on.

Clean out your earballs

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think for some it has become theater.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
16 hours ago, Scarlet said:

One year ago today these pearls of wisdom were dropped for the benefit of all mankind.  I'm so grateful for a having gargled down some bleach and for enduring a UV enema.  Thank you Dear Leader.  You saved my life and the lives of millions of other people around the globe with your scientific prowess and leadership.    

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/02/fact-check-covid-19-uv-light-treatment-research-underway-los-angeles/3053177001/

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You're not really going to defend that s#!t show are you?  You, me, and everyone here saw the press conference and we all know he conflated research into how to disinfect surfaces with curing an actual Covid infection.  

Do you have any research into whether or not doing shots of disinfectant can "clean the body" of Covid?

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting to see the year after the Spanish flu.  We will see this same outcome in 2021/2022

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You're not really going to defend that s#!t show are you? 

No, that was a USAToday article fact checking it 

• Plus1 2

At the end of the day, COVID is going to be a lot like the flu. A deadlier flu that didn't use to exist, but a normal and expected part of our vaccine and seasonal health protocol.

It was also preparation for whatever comes next. Among the things COVID has taught me is that our country and our generation has merely been lucky in terms of pandemics, which have been doing this kind of stuff forever. 

• Plus1 2

On 4/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I agree - to me, the posturing is evident. I too get the whole "set an example" concept, but this seems to go over that line into the realm of a masquerade.

Do I have that big of an issue with it? No. Don't really care that much. I also didn't look into the context of that video call but if it's just Biden sitting by himself on a vid call... ditch the mask. Don't be weird.

• Plus1 1

I am too lazy to find the vaccine thread in this forum, but I got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday morning.  I felt good the rest of Monday, and slept pretty well on Monday night.  On Tuesday, I had periods of being tired and achy.  I did take 2 short naps while working from home which helped, and I went to sleep at a decent time on Tuesday night.  I slept great on Tuesday night, and feel great today.  I am so glad to have gotten the vaccine much sooner than I anticipated at the beginning of the vaccine rollouts earlier this year.

• Fire 1