The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, commando said:

2 weeks ago at a rally trump called it a liberal hoax.  today it's a national emergency.  :dunno

Every once in a while I pop into these political threads- mostly against my better judgement.  Mainly because a lot of people get it wrong.  Some  are too lazy to go find the evidence.  Instead, they publish what is fed to them by their Twitter feed from some hipster on tv, or knowingly push some type of narrative to fulfill their hatred towards (especially) the republicans.  

I mean seriously- can anyone name a couple movies or tv shows where they show the Republican Party doing the right thing (ever) or in favorable light?  Yet, history shows the republican party(party of Lincoln) was on forefront of ending slavery, women's suffrage , Civil rights in the 60's- all that history is there, but greatly suppressed.  Democrat party had an Exalted Cyclops Senator Robert Bird of West Virginia- and that state has many places/roads named after the man.  Also, a large mentor of Bill Clinton as was William Fulbright.  I bet 99% of Dems here did not know this. 

The racial comments in South Carolina- never happened..and onward. The quote above is another example.  I get facts seldom matter in the politic thread and most of it is TDS on a massive scale.  Trump is his own worst enemy at many times, I get it.  Our economy was rolling and it will again - I bet the dow is back to 28,000 by May/June.  Media seldom gives this guy any credit and it is maddening to him... He does not have all the surrogates and media on his side like Obama did to cover for all his errors and give undeserved praise on very minor accomplishments. 

Funny to go back and read thru the Russian Collusion stuff...so many Democrats with TDS got it completely wrong here.  So onto this one-  Trump never said the virus was a liberal hoax...what he said was the way the media is reporting his response is another liberal hoax.  For instance:  Trump asked for travel ban (China) in January and he was called racist and driving panic...if one wants to look for the January or hoax comment- it is out there.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, ZRod said:

@Nebfanatic I'm pretty sure this is an explicit reference to COVID19. I've heard this accusation before, but I do not recall anyone saying Trump was a racist for China travel restrictions. I someone said it I'm really curious who it was.

Maybe but I haven't seen anything about a racial comment in South Carolina regarding COVID 

2 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

I mean seriously- can anyone name a couple movies or tv shows where they show the Republican Party doing the right thing (ever) or in favorable light?  Yet, history shows the republican party(party of Lincoln) was on forefront of ending slavery, women's suffrage , Civil rights in the 60's- all that history is there, but greatly suppressed.  Democrat party had an Exalted Cyclops Senator Robert Bird of West Virginia- and that state has many places/roads named after the man.  Also, a large mentor of Bill Clinton as was William Fulbright.  I bet 99% of Dems here did not know this.

Look up the term “political realignment”. What you forgot to mention in your history lesson is the democrats used to be the conservative, small govt party until it started to flip in 1936 with FDR. The southern democrats broke off into their own party called the dixiecrats (kinda like the modern day tea party) The republicans were the liberal, big govt party during the era of Lincoln. So if you lived during that time you would have been a democrat based on your ideology. Its not as big of an “own” as you think it is. 

• Plus1 4