The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I decided to go to the gym instead of tuning into the presser because I've actively avoided anything this chucklef#&% has said for several years now whenever possible. It was all over the TVs at the gym though. 

From what I gather I missed a big circlejerk with all the insurance companies and business people affected by this and Trump actively dodging responsibility as he always does. 

Noticed the markets jumped right back up throughout - because Trump actually did what he was supposed to do for once.

It's amazing to me anyone can think this guy gives a crap about anything but himself. He tried to suppress testing and now thinks he's got to pump the stock market back up for the same reason - he is scared about his re-election. He doesn't give a rip who's hurt or killed by this as long as it doesn't cost him anything

If botching almost everything in response to a worldwide pandemic and a resulting recession are not enough to give this guy the boot, nothing will be. Of course a very sizable minority of America would give Trump glowing marks if he failed to tie his damn shoes, citing his strong leadership and how he tells it like it is. 

We've got to get this proud-of-his-ignorance asshat as far away from our government as possible. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Look up the term “political realignment”. What you forgot to mention in your history lesson is the democrats used to be the conservative, small govt party until it started to flip in 1936 with FDR. The southern democrats broke off into their own party called the dixiecrats (kinda like the modern day tea party) The republicans were the liberal, big govt party during the era of Lincoln. So if you lived during that time you would have been a democrat based on your ideology. Its not as big of an “own” as you think it is. 

It's kind of like "American Christianity".  What Jesus said, and what is practiced in the lives of many "Christians" is no longer the same. 

But the name feels nice...

• Plus1 5

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wait...you went to the gym...where people touch everything over and over...during a national emergency because of an outbreak of a virus?

That is interesting.  So you are not all that worried about this virus? 

You don't wipe down your equipment do you? 

Gross...

(In honesty: I went for a run yesterday instead.  Thought about going to the gym....but then I remembered not everyone knows how to use the Clorox Wipe dispensers...)

29 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You don't wipe down your equipment do you? 

Gross...

(In honesty: I went for a run yesterday instead.  Thought about going to the gym....but then I remembered not everyone knows how to use the Clorox Wipe dispensers...)

First...my workouts don't really make me sweat!  Ha

But I am probably just "okay" at wiping down the stuff.  

The more I read about the lockdown restrictions that Italy and Spain have in place...the more I realize that I have pretty much been in a self-imposed lockdown for a long a$$ time.

I am pretty much always home by 8pm...I only really go out to the store for food and booze...if I do hit up a bar it is for happy hour and I don't travel.  

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, QMany said:

This may have been wise to discuss during yesterday’s press conference, instead of the infomercials.

Honestly I'm just praying he is getting the picture even if it is out of blatant narcissism. He needs to do the right things now and we can worry about the rest later. Peoples lives depend on it.

31 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Honestly I'm just praying he is getting the picture even if it is out of blatant narcissism. He needs to do the right things now and we can worry about the rest later. Peoples lives depend on it.

Just using my imagination now but the reasons do matter. I could hypothetically see any of these countries that are locked down have leaders stage a coup during the lockdown. Local police would be preventing most people from leaving their house. It might be an ideal situation to do it.