The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Just using my imagination now but the reasons do matter. I could hypothetically see any of these countries that are locked down have leaders stage a coup during the lockdown. Local police would be preventing most people from leaving their house. It might be an ideal situation to do it. 

I more meant I think he is getting the idea inaction with this will be far more damaging to his reelection than taking it as seriously as possible. I hope so anyway

15 hours ago, QMany said:

This reporting is wrong. Maybe Wired doesn't understand the difference between Google and it's parent company Alphabet, but Trump is correct:

Alphabet’s Verily is building COVID-19 triaging tool as Trump declares national emergency

The original version of this story relied on statements by President Donald Trump and White House officials, but it was updated to reflect a Google communications statement that Alphabet’s Verily, not Google, is in the early stages of creating a tool to help triage individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Google's 'triage tool' for COVID-19 testing will be Bay Area-only, at first

The location-recommendation tool will only be available in the Bay Area at first, Alphabet subsidiary Verily told The Verge hours after the White House press conference.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm sure it will go down eventually but that's a 6.6% death rate 

I’m read a research article this morning that estimated they are only testing 10% of infected people at this time. That would bring the fatality rate down significantly, but at the same time, it means it’s everywhere and containment will be all but impossible. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’m read a research article this morning that estimated they are only testing 10% of infected people at this time. That would bring the fatality rate down significantly, but at the same time, it means it’s everywhere and containment will be all but impossible. 

But, that also means there are people dying of Covid that weren’t tested and the death is classified as something else. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1