The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, commando said:

i thought that is why they approved it for emergency use.  :dunno

58 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nope.  It’s authorized :dunno

The idiocy of people not trusting the FDA saying "authorized" along with hundreds of millions (just in the US) of real-life results of vaccines but then trusting the FDA if they say "approved" - I can't even describe it how idiotic it is.

I hope you're right Archy and these morons go get vaccinated, but I really don't think which way the FDA says the vaccine is safe is going to matter to them. And it definitely doesn't matter to the science.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I hope you're right Archy and these morons go get vaccinated

I wouldn’t classify them as morons.  Some very smart people fall into this skepticism. 

another thing to do is Maybe the NIH should publish some information on hospitalization/death risks for people who have already had Covid-19 previously, are not vaccinated, but get re-infected vs hospitalization rates for those vaccinated.  If that data has been published already, then make a bigger show of it.  Does natural immunity prevent hospitalization and death as much as vaccination.  Those vaccine skeptics would like to know I’m guessing 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wouldn’t classify them as morons.  Some very smart people fall into this skepticism. 

another thing to do is Maybe the NIH should publish some information on hospitalization/death risks for people who have already had Covid-19 previously, are not vaccinated, but get re-infected vs hospitalization rates for those vaccinated.  If that data has been published already, then make a bigger show of it.  Does natural immunity prevent hospitalization and death as much as vaccination.  Those vaccine skeptics would like to know I’m guessing 

I posted about this in the vaccination thread: 

Basically, having had covid is almost as good as having the vaccine but there are concerns about the variants getting around natural immunity and different people having different immune responses, so the general advice is to still get the vaccine or at least 1 dose of the vaccine.

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The idiocy of people not trusting the FDA saying "authorized" along with hundreds of millions (just in the US) of real-life results of vaccines but then trusting the FDA if they say "approved" - I can't even describe it how idiotic it is.

I hope you're right Archy and these morons go get vaccinated, but I really don't think which way the FDA says the vaccine is safe is going to matter to them. And it definitely doesn't matter to the science.

What is going to happen is that there will be some who go get vaccinated when the FDA puts their stamp on it.  But, I believe there will still be a ton of people that won't and they will just come up with the next excuse to not get it.  There are a lot of people using the FDA excuse just because it's convenient.

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Smart people can be morons.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I posted about this in the vaccination thread: 

Basically, having had covid is almost as good as having the vaccine but there are concerns about the variants getting around natural immunity and different people having different immune responses, so the general advice is to still get the vaccine or at least 1 dose of the vaccine.

I already understood what the guidance was, I was more wondering if they have collected actual data on the question so they can promote that to the previous Covid positive but current unvaccinated population. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I already understood what the guidance was, I was more wondering if they have collected actual data on the question so they can promote that to the previous Covid positive but current unvaccinated population. 

But, they want folks to get the shot, so they will do their best to NOT promote the natural immunity from prior COVID infection. 

From my point of view, for myself, an extra layer of protection was very much a no brainer, but not everyone feels that way. My youngest had it (not lab certified) back in February of last year, and had not planned on getting vaccinated because of immunity. But his wife (and his mother lol) convinced him that he was putting his kids at risk, so he got the shot. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess the FDA can take that crutch away anytime they please, so these people can move on to the next crutch and we no longer have to talk about it.  

So, to take a step back, our discussion started because you said I was underestimating the value of a full FDA vaccine approval for some people.

However, based on the bolded, it sounds like you agree these people are in fact just being obstinate.

I would just as soon not have to talk about these people either, but they're very real, and the majority of these folks' obstinance towards the vaccine is not based on the general scientific/research consensus. A lot of the questions/concerns these people have also have legitimate answers. They just don't want to hear or acknowledge them.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

So, to take a step back, our discussion started because you said I was underestimating the value of a full FDA vaccine approval for some people.

However, based on the bolded, it sounds like you agree these people are in fact just being obstinate.

I would just as soon not have to talk about these people either, but they're very real, and the majority of these folks' obstinance towards the vaccine is not based on the general scientific/research consensus. A lot of the questions/concerns these people have also have legitimate answers. They just don't want to hear or acknowledge them.

Well no, I’m not going to agree they are being “obstinate”.  I was using your verbiage for these people.  So what’s the harm in taking that hesitancy away.  I’m not gonna judge what people think is valid concern for them unless it’s totally outrageous like microchips in vaccines. 

If someone wants to see the FDA approve the vaccine before taking it I don’t agree but understand.  

• Plus1 2

On 7/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, commando said:

fox news finally getting on board with vaccinations is something i didn't have on my far right wing Bingo card. but the message will probably return to normal by the weekend.  

i posted that monday after fox news had their change of heart about getting the vaccine....now this

37 minutes ago, commando said:

i posted that monday after fox news had their change of heart about getting the vaccine....now this

37 minutes ago, commando said:

What was he getting ready to say when they cut off the video?  If he was getting ready to say please go to talk to your doctor about it, that seems ok I guess.  

I would prefer he says something like “I’ve been vaccinated, I believe it helps and wish everyone would talk to their doctor about getting vaccinated themselves”.  Much better than saying “I never told anyone to get vaccinated, however I want everyone to talk to their doctor about it” 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What was he getting ready to say when they cut off the video?  If he was getting ready to say please go to talk to your doctor about it, that seems ok I guess.  

I would prefer he says something like “I’ve been vaccinated, I believe it helps and wish everyone would talk to their doctor about getting vaccinated themselves”.  Much better than saying “I never told anyone to get vaccinated, however I want everyone to talk to their doctor about it” 

i see it as fox news needed a disclaimer about all the misinformation they have been spreading so they said that stuff on monday and are now returning to their normal BS.

I’m so sick of s#!t that makes no common sense. 

I had to fly through Atlanta today for the first time in a long time. 

No sit down restaurants are allowed to be open. But, the food court and the bar in it is packed full of people. 

I’m all for taking it serious, but this kind of s#!t is just idiotic. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well no, I’m not going to agree they are being “obstinate”.  I was using your verbiage for these people.  So what’s the harm in taking that hesitancy away.  I’m not gonna judge what people think is valid concern for them unless it’s totally outrageous like microchips in vaccines. 

If someone wants to see the FDA approve the vaccine before taking it I don’t agree but understand.  

My Dr. hasnt received the vaccine and she has advised her staff not to take the vaccine as well as her patients until full FDA approval is granted. I was slightly surprised when I spoke to her about it at my last check up roughly a month ago. Like I have been saying it isnt just conspiracy MAGA and Q people that are hesitant. Only 70% of nurses in our country are vaccinated. They are hesitant for some reason and the reason I consistently hear is waiting for full FDA approval. Not microchips or depopulation or DNA manipulation. 

• Thanks 1