The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

This can't be real.

It's pathetic.

The executive order was for troopers to stop vehicles who might be transporting migrants, and reroute them back to port of entry. 

The reason....

"We don't want to risk covid coming in to our state"  which makes sense (lots of cases these days) and to "stop admitting migrants who are not authorized by Congress to be admitted".

Biden administration sued them for that.  The DOJ said "you (Texas) do not have the right to regulate the federal government's operation."  Meaning, let them go.

I think most people don't really care because, migrants aren't flooding into Nebraska everyday ("the good life").....Or Colorado, Michigan, etc.  I think it's obvious Washington DC doesn't care, because they are so far away from it in reality (because of the distance and dealing with it face-to-face everyday).

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, admo said:

It's pathetic.

The executive order was for troopers to stop vehicles who might be transporting migrants, and reroute them back to port of entry. 

The reason....

"We don't want to risk covid coming in to our state"  which makes sense (lots of cases these days) and to "stop admitting migrants who are not authorized by Congress to be admitted".

Biden administration sued them for that.  The DOJ said "you (Texas) do not have the right to regulate the federal government's operation."  Meaning, let them go.

I think most people don't really care because, migrants aren't flooding into Nebraska everyday ("the good life").....Or Colorado, Michigan, etc.  I think it's obvious Washington DC doesn't care, because they are so far away from it in reality (because of the distance and dealing with it face-to-face everyday).

The order potentially screws up the logistics of federal proceedings.  

One of the complaints that caused Abbott to act was a group leaving a Catholic Charity shelter to go get fast food.  Imagine the immigration court the next day expecting to process and possibly deport or at least let us know who is in the country never seeing the people because they have been scooped up and taken somewhere with no access to show up for the hearing.

But I also see why people waiting for a hearing shouldn’t be allowed to wander around town.  I’d support Abbott a lot more in this if he actually showed concern about COVID matters in other areas though.

The courts will get to do their jobs in this one.

• Plus1 3

It will be interesting if Courts side with Abbott that he has the authority to overrule federal govt in the name of public safety.  I could see local school districts and/or cities in Texas then suing to override Abbott's order to ban mask/vaccination mandates in the name of public safety.

The real show might be a couple months down the road!

• Plus1 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

people hate him because he likes to question things, it is the entire purpose of his show. With covid he has portrayed vaccine hesitancy but I again dont see an issue with having hesitancy. Shouldnt we all be somewhat hesitant when getting an experimental EUA vaccine? 

I see a problem with it. 

there are literally millions of people who have gotten the vaccine and the data is clear.  It’s safe and effective.  No reason to be hesitant.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see a problem with it. 

there are literally millions of people who have gotten the vaccine and the data is clear.  It’s safe and effective.  No reason to be hesitant.  

The problem is that some sources are apparently lying about the Delta Variant impacting almost entirely the vaccinated. I have no idea where they get this, but due to the Backfire Effect, any and all attempts to explain it will likely be met with "FAKE NEWS!" and/or "YOU'RE PART OF THE CABAL!" type of reactions instead of learning how to actually read and interpret scientific studies etc. etc., you know, things that require years-long effort :|

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Shouldnt we all be somewhat hesitant when getting an experimental EUA vaccine? 

Healthy skepticism is a good practice in life, but what we're seeing among the unvaccinated population at this point in time is more willful ignorance.

The vaccines also can not be considered "experimental" based on the protocols and trial phases they have successfully completed. It is categorically inaccurate to refer to them as experimental.

That said, I will accept anyone who is vaccine hesitant if they can prove the following to me:

- They don't eat fast food or processed foods (1x/week or less)

- They don't drink soda

- They don't have more than 1-2 alcoholic drinks per week

- They exercise a min. of 5 days a week

- They drink a min. of 64 oz. of water a day

- They get a min. of 7-8 hours of sleep per night

- They are not obese or clinically overweight

- They do not vape, smoke, or ingest similar types of toxins into their body

- They get a recommended amount of Vitamin D and sun exposure in their daily routine

In my opinion, anybody who fails some or a majority of the items on that list is doing far more damage to their body on a regular basis... and probably has done for years. Yet they're worried about a vaccine that, by scientific consensus, is safe and effective? Yikes.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, commando said:

why do people listen to guys like this?    but they do and they don't beieve in vaccines because of it.   FWIW....i think this guy might actually know something about being demon possessed.   lol

Just in case anyone needs more reason to reject every piece of feces that exits the mouth of Greg Locke:

https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/01/30/greg-locke-great-disapointment/