The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 7/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, Archy1221 said:

Couple things. 

1). That number is definitely not a good number and hopefully the declines as quickly as it went up like previous peaks. 

2) FL’s peak high was last summer and was quite a bit higher than it’s winter peak.  No reason for the tweeter to compare the current rise to winter. 

3). This seems to confirm some regional seasonality with Covid.

4). Deaths still seem to be decoupled from cases but we will see if that holds true.  

Florida just set a record for hospitalizations.  Cases are also àt their high point.  I guess the tweeter knew what he was talking about.  We'll know more on deaths in three or four weeks.  

16 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree and that’s essentially what I stated.

You agree now and no it’s no what you “essentially stated”.  You said…

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Not normal breathing unless, I suppose you’re uncomfortably close to someone’s face.  

I read the Lancet and it didn’t say anything about being uncomfortably close to someone’s face.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You agree now and no it’s no what you “essentially stated”.  You said…

I read the Lancet and it didn’t say anything about being uncomfortably close to someone’s face.  

So the Lancet didn’t mirror my exact words.   Guilty as charged, I guess.   :dunno :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sure what you mean or are asking, but I wouldn’t classify an outbreak of disease as good.  

you brought up india.  so did it end up well for them?    was it a disaster?   and what does that mean for the united states?

56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It happened in India.  I believe that population is around 8% fully vaccinated.  

And it devasted the country.  We'll never know how many people died from it there during the past surge as the health care system essentially collapsed and people died wherever they were without access to even oxygen. Next stop some makeshift funeral pyre.  Not sure what you're getting at in your reply to @commando

22 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

So the Lancet didn’t mirror my exact words.   Guilty as charged, I guess.   :dunno :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

And it didn’t mirror what you were insinuating either because your second post spoke of viral transmission when I mentioned breathing in my first post.  So ya, you kinda dismissed it as a source of viral transmission and it’s not :dunno  Either way, glad your on board with the science of transmission.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, commando said:

you brought up india.  so did it end up well for them?    was it a disaster?   and what does that mean for the united states?

Oh, Looks like transmission fell as quickly as it rose.  Similar to the UK also.  Cases are still double the pre-Delta baseline however.  

I’m not in a position to declare it a disaster or not.  Only can speak to the data that’s published.      

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

And it devasted the country.  We'll never know how many people died from it there during the past surge as the health care system essentially collapsed and people died wherever they were without access to even oxygen. Next stop some makeshift funeral pyre.  Not sure what you're getting at in your reply to @commando

Well, maybe you weren’t following along but the backstory is @commando said he would hate to see Delta in a country without all the vaccinations.  I gave him an example of what happened to a country that had Delta scream through its country.  India has less than 10% fully vaccinated people.  That’s what I was getting at.  Hope that clears up your confusion. 

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

If the scene changes from fat, old men dying on ventilators to kids, do the vaccine hesitant get on board or does society start requiring proof of vaccination to do just about anything in public?  

It will make parents give the vaccine a second look for their kids I believe. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

If the scene changes from fat, old men dying on ventilators to kids, do the vaccine hesitant get on board or does society start requiring proof of vaccination to do just about anything in public?  

Is that doctor saying 50% of all children will need to be in the ICU if infected?  Or that 50% that go to ER will be admitted to ICU?  Sorry, but Video won’t play for me.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, maybe you weren’t following along but the backstory is @commando said he would hate to see Delta in a country without all the vaccinations.  I gave him an example of what happened to a country that had Delta scream through its country.  India has less than 10% fully vaccinated people.  That’s what I was getting at.  Hope that clears up your confusion. 

No, it doesn't really.  Seemed like kind of a reply with no point.   

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Is that doctor saying 50% of all children will need to be in the ICU if infected?  Or that 50% that go to ER will be admitted to ICU?  Sorry, but Video won’t play for me.  

He says they're seeing a 5 to 6x increase in children arriving at the ER.  He's saying 50% of those will need to be in ICU and need breathing support of some type.  

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And it didn’t mirror what you were insinuating either because your second post spoke of viral transmission when I mentioned breathing in my first post.  So ya, you kinda dismissed it as a source of viral transmission and it’s not :dunno  Either way, glad your on board with the science of transmission.  

Boy you don't like to let things go, do you?   One more time:  Coughing, sneezing, speaking >>> than normal breathing (I can't the whole quote thing to work, but I did say that and that's not dismissing, it's comparing).   Do you disagree with this comparison?

I also stated "uncomfortably close" breathing can be a source of droplets.  To address the underlined portion of your post above, it is a source of viral transmission if you're close to someone (just not as much as coughing, sneezing, speaking, etc. which can travel further )  But I'm pretty sure you know this.

I really hope this clears it up, because this is a rather futile conversation we're having.