The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Douglas County Health begging the state to allow them to mandate masks.

https://omaha.com/news/local/douglas-county-health-director-asks-state-for-permission-to-order-a-mask-requirement/article_5972c2be-0457-11ec-95f9-279d29d6f2d7.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Funny, many of the districts that didn't mandate masks said they are in communication with County Health officials and following their guidance.

I have $10 that says that's a bunch of bull and no local schools start mandating masks after the state says "no".  Even though Douglas County would obviously recommend they do so.

I'd love to be wrong...

• Plus1 1

Caught Covid once and since he thought he had antibodies he didn't think he needed the vaccine afterward.  Caught Covid again in June and almost died.  

At first, he and his wife, Maria Phillips, thought he had a sinus infection. Then he developed a terrible cough. He got so sick that he went to the emergency room at St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood. 

"If we had waited even an hour longer. Bill might have just taken a nap and not woken up," said Maria Phillips, his wife.

Maria Phillips said her husband was intubated for 47 days. He didn't wake up for 18 days. After two months in the hospital, the couple is getting ready to leave the hospital on Wednesday. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Caught Covid once and since he thought he had antibodies he didn't think he needed the vaccine afterward.  Caught Covid again in June and almost died.  

At first, he and his wife, Maria Phillips, thought he had a sinus infection. Then he developed a terrible cough. He got so sick that he went to the emergency room at St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood. 

"If we had waited even an hour longer. Bill might have just taken a nap and not woken up," said Maria Phillips, his wife.

Maria Phillips said her husband was intubated for 47 days. He didn't wake up for 18 days. After two months in the hospital, the couple is getting ready to leave the hospital on Wednesday. 

fake news.  haven't you heard?   only the old, the obese, and the sick have serious issues with covid.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

21 hours ago, Enhance said:

Eh... I don't think that's what's happening here. Most of the questions/comments related to your initial post were fair and done for the sake of clarity/conversation. Perhaps you're mistaking that for persecution.

There have been tons of anecdotal stories shared here and in other public mediums about the virus and vaccine. It has been a problem in the last 18 months, particularly among people trying to subvert vaccine efforts and the virus itself. I'm not suggesting that's what you were doing, but things like that are going to often raise an eyebrow and people are going to want to determine the veracity of it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, millions of adolescents have been vaccinated. Thousands of them completed stage 3 clinical trials back in March. So, personally, I'm going to put a very critical eye to anything that ties the vaccines and teenagers being admitted to the hospital together because the clear scientific/medical consensus up to this point has shown that 99% of vaccine recipients will not be admitted to the hospital as a result of being innoculated.

Teenager gets a vaccine. Parents are aware of possible side affects. Teen gets chest pains and shortness of breath. Parents go to urgent care on the weekend because it's cheaper. Urgent care doc asks whether the teen had COVID or got vaccinated. Urgent Care can't fully diagnose, but pulls a CYA and sends the teen to the hospital. I could see this play out as a play it safe scenario. Do urgent cares get notified of the final diagnosis for people they send to the hospital, or is the final outcome typically unknown?

6 minutes ago, nic said:

Teenager gets a vaccine. Parents are aware of possible side affects. Teen gets chest pains and shortness of breath. Parents go to urgent care on the weekend because it's cheaper. Urgent care doc asks whether the teen had COVID or got vaccinated. Urgent Care can't fully diagnose, but pulls a CYA and sends the teen to the hospital. I could see this play out as a play it safe scenario. Do urgent cares get notified of the final diagnosis for people they send to the hospital, or is the final outcome typically unknown?

I'm not a medical professional so I can't answer your question, but I'm also not sure what that has to do with your suggestion that "people shoot down any info that doesn’t fit what they want to hear."

2 hours ago, commando said:

what if we sent the vaccine to the local vet stores and label it ivermectin?  or to witch doctors offices and call it hydroxychloroquine?

Pffft.... hydroxychloroquine.  That's so 2020.   We're on to deworming now. 

33 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I share this not because I share his view, though Shapiro is well spoken and organized, but more for the opportunity to read the comments that cover the entire spectrum in how folks stand on the issue.

Spoken like a guy who can't wrap his head around the fact that this isn't a stagnant situation.  He has no clue how it's going to turn out in a year, two, five or ten.  Until then maybe we ought to try to limit the carnage and not go full Florida.  What a myopic shill.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Spoken like a guy who can't wrap his head around the fact that this isn't a stagnant situation.  He has no clue how it's going to turn out in a year, two, five or ten.  Until then maybe we ought to try to limit the carnage and not go full Florida.  What a myopic shill.

It's also classic Shapiro to setup a strawman and then take that down. Literally no one thinks there will be zero covid.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I share this not because I share his view, though Shapiro is well spoken and organized, but more for the opportunity to read the comments that cover the entire spectrum in how folks stand on the issue.

I wouldn't be able to see eye-to-eye with anyone on this particular viewpoint, if it is a viewpoint they hold. This is an absolute straw man from Shapiro.

There is no unstated assumption at all other than a politically motivated one. The medical community has been abundantly clear on what the ultimate goals are with mask mandates and, in particular, vaccines: reduce the impact on the healthcare system, reduce the severity of the disease and its potential to kill, and herd immunity.

What Ben is stating here is a complete fabrication with no basis in any reality other than his own.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1