The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Who in kid rock died or was even hospitalized due to covid? If nobody, then the vaccine did its job. The vaccine isnt there to prevent covid, its there to make sure the symptoms arent severe. 

I’m not understanding your first question 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I’m not understanding your first question 

More just piggy backing off your conversation with Devo. You said people are playing with fire in a response to kid rock canceling shows due to covid, he said they are vaccinated, you said thats unfortunate, he said why, you said its unfortuante that vaccinated people are hospitalized or dying and I asked who in kid rock is hospitalized or dead due to covid? If its nobody, then the vaccine did its job. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, nic said:

There was a discussion early about nurses not getting vaccinated. I said I was surprised....I no longer am.

One hundred thirty-six out of 456 nurses who responded to a union survey at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center said they would quit their job instead of following a mandate to get vaccinated, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Unanimous is hard to come by. UC Med said 70% of their nurses are already vaxxed. My healthcare system is probably at 90%. I'd say even with health educated groups, the ceiling of people willing to get a vaccine will range 75%-90%. The real questions is do you let that minority put the patients at risk because you need staff? Hard decisions for hospital admins. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Unanimous is hard to come by. UC Med said 70% of their nurses are already vaxxed. My healthcare system is probably at 90%. I'd say even with health educated groups, the ceiling of people willing to get a vaccine will range 75%-90%. The real questions is do you let that minority put the patients at risk because you need staff? Hard decisions for hospital admins. 

My school is like 80% staff is probably 90%

9 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

More just piggy backing off your conversation with Devo. You said people are playing with fire in a response to kid rock canceling shows due to covid, he said they are vaccinated, you said thats unfortunate, he said why, you said its unfortuante that vaccinated people are hospitalized or dying and I asked who in kid rock is hospitalized or dead due to covid? If its nobody, then the vaccine did its job. 

:thumbs

8 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Interesting article on benefits, or lack thereof, in imposing mask mandates for young children in schools:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/619952/

I think the European schools have been ahead of us on the realization that the mask mandates for those school aged children aren’t as beneficial as people think.  

I also think mask mandates in general are not the benefit that most think they are because people don’t wear them correct, wear the wrong type, or generally don’t comply.  

• Plus1 2

Why do I get the feeling some on the left rejoice at the death of the anti-vax folks. And now this. This type of behavior doesn't win anyone over by the way. 

Owens was sent a letter by Aspen Laboratories co-founder Suzanna Lee informing her that her "booking" was being cancelled and that she would be "denied service" because of both her aversion to governmental facemask mandates and her analysis of the effectiveness of vaccination shots.

"We cannot support anyone who has pro-actively worked to make this pandemic worse by spreading misinformation, politicizing, and discouraging the wearing of masks and actively dissuading people from receiving life-saving vaccinations," Lee wrote in the letter...

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, nic said:

Why do I get the feeling some on the left rejoice at the death of the anti-vax folks. And now this. This type of behavior doesn't win anyone over by the way. 

Owens was sent a letter by Aspen Laboratories co-founder Suzanna Lee informing her that her "booking" was being cancelled and that she would be "denied service" because of both her aversion to governmental facemask mandates and her analysis of the effectiveness of vaccination shots.

"We cannot support anyone who has pro-actively worked to make this pandemic worse by spreading misinformation, politicizing, and discouraging the wearing of masks and actively dissuading people from receiving life-saving vaccinations," Lee wrote in the letter...

From the article:

“We cannot support anyone who has pro-actively worked to make this pandemic worse by spreading misinformation, politicizing and DISCOURAGING the wearing of masks and actively dissuading people from receiving life-saving vaccinations,” Lee said in her Aug. 31 email to Owens. “My team and myself have worked overtime, to exhaustion, unpaid and underpaid this past year, spending our own capital to ensure that our community remains protected. It would be unfair to them and to the sacrifices we have all made this year to serve you.”

In the email, Lee also informed Owens that she would instead have to use the free kiosk near Aspen City Hall if she wanted to be tested for COVID-19 locally.

The conservative political commentator has repeatedly spread misinformation about mask wearing and the effectiveness of vaccines even as the delta variant continues to fill up ICU beds across the country.  

9 minutes ago, nic said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oy9zsvtrl3y3vlyg5r

17 minutes ago, nic said:

I agree if this were a random person off the street.  But, I'll admit that I'm f#&%ing pissed at these types of people who are in the media and actively spreading disinformation on the pandemic.  These people are actively making it worse.  So many of us have done everything we have been asked to do to try our best to get back to normal and these idiots are purposely trying to work against that.

I don't feel one bit sorry for her.  She can go suck it for all I care.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree if this were a random person off the street.  But, I'll admit that I'm f#&%ing pissed at these types of people who are in the media and actively spreading disinformation on the pandemic.  These people are actively making it worse.  So many of us have done everything we have been asked to do to try our best to get back to normal and these idiots are purposely trying to work against that.

I don't feel one bit sorry for her.  She can go suck it for all I care.

If you feel bad for Candace Owens and not the health care workers, it says a lot about you...That's all I will say about the situation. 

• Plus1 3