The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No one should be self prescribing anything. If you are choosing to self prescribe an animal medication, you're a f#&%ing idiot and I could care less if you f#&% yourself up in the process. This is the tide pod challenge pandemic version. 

I could be wrong here, but I don’t think BB is talking about those who self prescribe an Rx.  The drug he is talking about can’t be self prescribed.  

Nvmd..he already replied

Edited by Archy1221
  • Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seriously?

Giving absolute any legitimacy to people taking horse deworming medicine to combat COVID shouldn't be done.

This whole thing isn't being promoted by legitimate medical experts. It's being promoted to go to Tractor Supply and buy up the paste and take it.  If actual scientists and doctors want to experiment with the human version, fine.  But, that's not what has been happening.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Giving absolute any legitimacy to people taking horse deworming medicine to combat COVID shouldn't be done.

This whole thing isn't being promoted by legitimate medical experts. It's being promoted to go to Tractor Supply and buy up the paste and take it.  If actual scientists and doctors want to experiment with the human version, fine.  But, that's not what has been happening.

What's happening is an intentional campaign to discredit the foundations of society, like doctors, elected officials, the press, etc. The goal is to sow distrust of these institutions and replace them with fascist dogma. 

The GOP has been at this for years. We're in the latter stages of the campaign. The only way to combat it is to eliminate fascists from positions of power. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It has absolutely been happening. Like I mentioned, according to the FDA there are ongoing clinical trials. I would think that counts as experimental. 

I was pretty clear, and you're smart enough to know, that I wasn't advocating for the legitimacy of medication for animals.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It has absolutely been happening. Like I mentioned, according to the FDA there are ongoing clinical trials. I would think that counts as experimental. 

I was pretty clear, and you're smart enough to know, that I wasn't advocating for the legitimacy of medication for animals.

Even the version that is used in humans is NOT a virus medicine.  It has nothing to do with COVID.  Any mention of...well, it's possible....is just wrong.

From the FDA...https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/news/2021/08/25.html

Ivermectin is not an anti-viral drug and is approved for humans only at specific doses for specific conditions. An FDA consumer alert explained that ivermectin is often used in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. The agency has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and have been hospitalized after taking high doses of ivermectin which can be highly toxic in humans. Side effects occur, and drug interactions are common.

Two forms of ivermectin are available for human use, tablets to treat parasitic worms and a topical to treat head lice and skin conditions such as rosacea. The FDA has advised against human use of ivermectin produced for animals such as cows and horses as the doses are much higher and could contain ingredients intended only for animals and are thus harmful to humans. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Any legitimacy that anyone is giving this is irresponsible......or part of what @knapplc mentioned above.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What's happening is an intentional campaign to discredit the foundations of society, like doctors, elected officials, the press, etc. The goal is to sow distrust of these institutions and replace them with fascist dogma. 

The GOP has been at this for years. We're in the latter stages of the campaign. The only way to combat it is to eliminate fascists from positions of power. 

I think elected officials (both sides) and some of the press have been doing this on their own. They could all be more truthful. 

• Plus1 1

Some pretty good coverage of the Ivermectin issue.

https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/ivermectin-use-surges-despite-no-evidence-it-treats-covid-19-so-why-are-people-still-taking-it/

Studies on ivermectin as COVID-19 treatment do exist and some testify to the drug’s efficacy. But right now, that data is overwhelmingly considered inconsistent, questionable and/or inconclusive. Medical experts say the data affirming ivermectin is minuscule compared to the amount indicating its uselessness.

A July review of 14 ivermectin studies concluded these studies were small and “few are considered high quality.” The researchers say they’re uncertain about the efficacy and safety of the drug and that “reliable evidence” doesn’t support using ivermectin for COVID-19 treatment outside of well-designed randomized trials.

• Thanks 1

Anyone who thinks the GOP is part of some international ring of people trying to discredit institutions and the foundations of society is quite the conspiracy fool and should be treated as such. They should probably put their tin foil hat away and come join normal societal thinking. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Even the version that is used in humans is NOT a virus medicine.  It has nothing to do with COVID.  Any mention of...well, it's possible....is just wrong.

From the FDA...https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/news/2021/08/25.html

Any legitimacy that anyone is giving this is irresponsible......or part of what @knapplc mentioned above.

Yeah, I wouldn't be ready to take it at this point, but it is in clinical trials, so it would seem that some folks in the scientific world find it worth looking in to.

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Anyone who thinks the GOP is part of some international ring of people trying to discredit institutions and the foundations of society is quite the conspiracy fool and should be treated as such. They should probably put their tin foil hat away and come join normal societal thinking. 

We have the receipts. Dr. Fauci, the antivaxx campaign, anti-maskers, Ivermectin/Hydroxychloroquine, etc. 

• Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is not a "both sides" issue. 

COVID or overall? I agree that COVID isn't a both sides issue but overall both democrats and republicans are not acting in good faith. The media is also not acting in good faith and they are constantly creating content to drive profit. 

• Plus1 3