The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, jaws said:

COVID or overall? I agree that COVID isn't a both sides issue but overall both democrats and republicans are not acting in good faith. The media is also not acting in good faith and they are constantly creating content to drive profit. 

Overall. There's a very clear campaign by Republicans to undermine confidence in voting, in doctors, etc. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Overall. There's a very clear campaign by Republicans to undermine confidence in voting, in doctors, etc. 

I agree with that and a list of other things I am sure, but I also don't feel the other party is clean as well. We can agree to disagree. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, jaws said:

I agree with that and a list of other things I am sure, but I also don't feel the other party is clean as well. We can agree to disagree. 

Of course the Dems aren't "clean." But the Dems aren't currently undermining the foundation of our country, so rightly we need to focus on Republicans. 

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Anyone who thinks the GOP is part of some international ring of people trying to discredit institutions and the foundations of society is quite the conspiracy fool and should be treated as such. They should probably put their tin foil hat away and come join normal societal thinking. 

It's literally part of their game plan.  Almost any time an expert or scientist expresses something, they actively work to discredit them.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We have the receipts. Dr. Fauci, the antivaxx campaign, anti-maskers, Ivermectin/Hydroxychloroquine, etc. 

You are too funny.  Someone here doesn’t understand the difference between some fringe elements and the party itself.  I’ll help you…

Fauci made his own bed with his deceit.  It didn’t have to be this way and he could have chosen to be truthful with the American people.  It seems he has just been proven to lie about gain of function research. 

The GOP is not anti-vax and if you think otherwise, bring your “receipts” 

The GOP is not anti-mask, many are are anti-mandate for mask.  Big difference.  If you feel otherwise, bring your “receipts”

The GOP believes Any COVID therapy decisions are between a patient and their doctor.  I don’t know much at all about Ivermectin, but HCQ has been shown to help people.  Just ask some prominent Democrats.  They were in the news saying as much till they found out they were supposed to say that….looking at you MN Senator 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

You are too funny.  Someone here doesn’t understand the difference between some fringe elements and the party itself.  I’ll help you…

Fauci made his own bed with his deceit.  It didn’t have to be this way and he could have chosen to be truthful with the American people.  It seems he has just been proven to lie about gain of function research. 

The GOP is not anti-vax and if you think otherwise, bring your “receipts” 

The GOP is not anti-mask, many are are anti-mandate for mask.  Big difference.  If you feel otherwise, bring your “receipts”

The GOP believes Any COVID therapy decisions are between a patient and their doctor.  I don’t know much at all about Ivermectin, but HCQ has been shown to help people.  Just ask some prominent Democrats.  They were in the news saying as much till they found out they were supposed to say that….looking at you MN Senator 

Thanks for continuing to make my point. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

So you don’t have “the receipts” and making s#!t up again.  Yep, thx 

So you want a litany of links that you're not going to read, that you're going to dismiss out of hand, so you can come back with some quip. 

Nah. We all lived through the last few years. I don't have to try to convince you of anything. 

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be ready to take it at this point, but it is in clinical trials, so it would seem that some folks in the scientific world find it worth looking in to.

So the FDA authorizes a vaccine for use, but because it isn't approved yet, people are skeptical.  Presumably some of these same people are using the fact that the FDA is 'looking into ivermectin' as a legitimate reason to want to be treated with it.

This would be perplexing, except that I've watched people do/say things for reasons they won't admit to for 18 months now.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

So the FDA authorizes a vaccine for use, but because it isn't approved yet, people are skeptical.  Presumably some of these same people are using the fact that the FDA is 'looking into ivermectin' as a legitimate reason to want to be treated with it.

This would be perplexing, except that I've watched people do/say things for reasons they won't admit to for 18 months now.

I speak for myself, no one else. Nor will I attempt to explain away the ignorance of others.

• Plus1 2
Just now, knapplc said:

So you want a litany of links that you're not going to read, that you're going to dismiss out of hand, so you can come back with some quip. 

Nah. We all lived through the last few years. I don't have to try to convince you of anything. 

I didn’t think you could provide “the receipts” since they don’t exist.  I mean some easy ones would be for you to prove the GOP is anti-Vax.  
What you will do is provide some fringe individuals 

who claim the vaccine is killing millions or a tracking device.  You might provide some politicians who say they don’t need the vaccine because they were previously infected. (Israel data is showing that may we’ll be the case). But what you won’t do is show the GOP saying people should not get the vaccine.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I didn’t think you could provide “the receipts” since they don’t exist.  I mean some easy ones would be for you to prove the GOP is anti-Vax.  
What you will do is provide some fringe individuals 

who claim the vaccine is killing millions or a tracking device.  You might provide some politicians who say they don’t need the vaccine because they were previously infected. (Israel data is showing that may we’ll be the case). But what you won’t do is show the GOP saying people should not get the vaccine.  

Nah. I'm just not interested in trying to convince someone who won't listen to reason. Why waste that time on you?

• Plus1 2