The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Couldn't agree more with the self prescribing, and obviously taking the version of Ivermectin for animals is a stupid idea, but as we know, there's a perfectly legitimate human version of the medication as well. Like I mentioned before, I would have a difficult time being talked into taking it by my doctor, but to pretend it isn't possibly some sort of solution is wrong. I read something from the FDA saying it is in ongoing clinical trials for the treatment of COVID-19, so that would lead me to believe there may not be nothing to it.

Maybe not, but he's a legitimate doctor, so I doubt he's just throwing s#!t at the wall here, either.

I still don't get this. Everything you'd want confirmed about Ivermectin has already been confirmed for the free COVID vaccines being made readily available  to everyone.

I might be missing something, but is Ivermectin potentially a safer alternative for certain people who might have allergic reactions to the Pfizer drug?  Or is Ivermectin more of an attempt to declare a COVID solution not endorsed by the federal government? 

• Plus1 1

On 8/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, Archy1221 said:

Interesting data.  Vaccine still the way to go but harping on those previously infected but still not vaccinated may not be rooted in science.    Have to see how this holds up with more data though.  

On 8/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, deedsker said:

No data backing how this index works or where it came from. 

Nice try, though.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, Archy1221 said:

Scroll through the tweet.  Good try though 

On 8/27/2021 at 6:38 PM, deedsker said:

A bunch of natural immunity crap.

nice try though. How did they calc the “index”?

Since Archy is backing his data he holds by, can I get how this guy came up with this "index" and why he only wanted to do 12 states with the highest population to avoid showing how bad rural states would be by the same account.

It's been two weeks and you were adamant on how right you were on this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/27/2021 at 4:22 PM, Archy1221 said:

On 8/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, Archy1221 said:

Would you like to dispute the data like an adult or just whine about where it came from like a child? 

Sorry for the wrong original quote, but you have my concerns.

Thanks for getting the "indexing" for me!

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How do you feel about this data?  Do you believe black and Latino Americans are vaccinated at that rate which is at or almost the Asian American vaccination rate 

Well, it's from an NBC poll/survey. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-s-job-ratings-decline-amid-covid-surge-afghanistan-withdrawal-n1277368

I tend to believe the results, because other questions from the same survey also seem to be accurate. It was kind of a "pulse on America" line of questioning. 

But, as @Lorewarn distinctly showed us, polls can be interpreted many different ways because the people taking the survey cannot always be trusted and the questions are often ambiguous.  

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I still don't get this. Everything you'd want confirmed about Ivermectin has already been confirmed for the free COVID vaccines being made readily available  to everyone.

I might be missing something, but is Ivermectin potentially a safer alternative for certain people who might have allergic reactions to the Pfizer drug?  Or is Ivermectin more of an attempt to declare a COVID solution not endorsed by the federal government? 

Isn't Ivermectin being look at as a treatment for Covid?

I'm pro-vaccine, so I'm not advocating for people to not get the vaccine here, but if they don't get the vaccine, and get deathly sick with Covid, they shouldn't get access to treatment because they weren't vaccinated? Sure, they should have probably been vaccinated, but denying them treatment (Ivermectin or whatever proves to be useful here) seems immoral. Smokers get treatment for lung cancer, and those of us with poor diets receive it for Heart issues....

Edit: I reread your post. I misunderstood what you were getting at.

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Isn't Ivermectin being look at as a treatment for Covid?

I'm pro-vaccine, so I'm not advocating for people to not get the vaccine here, but if they don't get the vaccine, and get deathly sick with Covid, they shouldn't get access to treatment because they weren't vaccinated? Sure, they should have probably been vaccinated, but denying them treatment (Ivermectin or whatever proves to be useful here) seems immoral. Smokers get treatment for lung cancer, and those of us with poor diets receive it for Heart issues....

Edit: I reread your post. I misunderstood what you were getting at.

I think you're being perfectly reasonable, but the rush to Ivermectin feels like a political reaction, not a public health consideration. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think you're being perfectly reasonable, but the rush to Ivermectin feels like a political reaction, not a public health consideration. 

I agree, but which political "side" is driving the reaction?  This is similar to 12-15 months ago, when HCQ was being derided as worthless and stupid from the left, but now even Mayo says it is/can be useful as a palliative, though not preventative, manner. 

Perhaps the human dosage of Ivermectin could prove to end up similarly? 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree, but which political "side" is driving the reaction?  This is similar to 12-15 months ago, when HCQ was being derided as worthless and stupid from the left, but now even Mayo says it is/can be useful as a palliative, though not preventative, manner. 

The horse med plot is a lot more fun!

• Haha 2
Just now, DevoHusker said:

Hydroxychloroquine was being pushed as a cure. It is not a cure, it is at best a palliative. It was derided as not a cure. Let's be clear about the claims and pushback, because that matters. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, deedsker said:

why he only wanted to do 12 states with the highest population to avoid showing how bad rural states would be by the same account.

You would have to message him on why it’s 12 states and not 15 or 20 or 25 or 50 or Obama’s 57 states(kidding of course).  I don’t think there was a defend rural motive here, but I could be misinterpreting things.  My personal guess is he was more showing Florida isn’t some outlier.  Lola like he responds to many people on twitter so if you are truly interested, ask him. 

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Well, it's from an NBC poll/survey. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-s-job-ratings-decline-amid-covid-surge-afghanistan-withdrawal-n1277368

I tend to believe the results, because other questions from the same survey also seem to be accurate. It was kind of a "pulse on America" line of questioning. 

But, as @Lorewarn distinctly showed us, polls can be interpreted many different ways because the people taking the survey cannot always be trusted and the questions are often ambiguous.  

Only reason I ask, is I’ve always been under the impression by news reports that rural white Americans , African American, and Latino American’s were the least vaccinated.  This shows two of those groups are the most vaccinated,  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You would have to message him on why it’s 12 states and not 15 or 20 or 25 or 50 or Obama’s 57 states(kidding of course).  I don’t think there was a defend rural motive here, but I could be misinterpreting things.  My personal guess is he was more showing Florida isn’t some outlier.  Lola like he responds to many people on twitter so if you are truly interested, ask him. 

Cool, now the indexing?