The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Thank you for being sensible. I feel much the same way.

It’s completely shameful that this thing got politicized by design. When Trump’s administration was working towards the vaccine it was hell no we don’t trust this and we will not submit from VP Harris and more. I’m glad the vaccines came out but why now can’t they be questioned and let people decide based on their personal situation. Let science happen. We now know Covid is not deadly to certain segments of the population, those that had it have a strong natural immunity, and there are other therapeutics to help prevent and treat it. Yet we have conflicting mis-information from Biden’s administration and a mandate that you must get injected with an experimental vaccine that studies show is not even as effective at stopping transmission as initially hoped. Further any discussion about legitimate adverse reactions or questions on the vaccine or other remedies are often censored. WTF? Just a few months ago these same people said don’t trust Trump’s vaccine? I thought Trump was the tyrant? If so why is Biden the one forcing experimental injections on people (which have harmed some people) and also threatening their jobs and businesses to comply. It was Biden who said we’ll come knock on your door!  Who’s the tyrant?  Say it loudly…F Joe Biden. 

Every piece of empirical data shows this vaccine is working the way it should. Very minimal hospitalizations. Even less deaths. If there is a breakthrough case, it is mild. It is no longer experimental, the data overwhelming. The unvaccinated on the other hand are having a hell of a time with delta. Good luck to them I guess bad choices have consequences. Ill be part of the “experiment” and stay out of the hospital if I happen to get it. 

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

As I stated, the other points of reference appear to be accurate, when considering time frame. 

Do you disagree?

Go line by line of that post and tell me you agree. Word for word, line by line.

I'm really curious what you think is defensible, and why you questioned Guy's response. 

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Go line by line of that post and tell me you agree. Word for word, line by line.

I'm really curious what you think is defensible, and why you questioned Guy's response. 

I didn't question Guy. I asked for his outlook.

I already said what I think was accurate in the original. 

I asked you what was inaccurate.

I didn't say I approve or disapprove, just that he didn't post anything that wasn't factual.

Do you disagree?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Good Lord you couldn't have jammed more disinformation in this post if you tried.

People weren't going to take the vaccine if Trump strong armed the FDA.  Once the FDA gave emergency use authorization the calculous changed.  They weren't going to base it off what Trump said but what the scientists said. 

Covid is deadly to everyone.  Some demographics moreso than others but that's zero reason to not get vaccinated.  Have you ever considered the other guy?

Please list the therapeutics that prevent covid with peer reviewed data.  Thanks.

FDA gave full approval of Pfizer.  They are not experimental.  Didn't somebody here say this nonsense would stop if the FDA got off their a$$ and gave full approval?  Guess that didn't happen.

The vaccines would slow transmission if idiots would get vaccinated.  Science is hard.

You're lying about the Biden admin saying they would knock on your door and force vaccinate if that's what you are insinuating.

Harris said she wouldn't get a vaccine Trump told her to. The FDA obviously didn't get strong armed by Trump or anyone else.

Covid is not deadly to everyone. Vast majorities of people get it and don't die. If you are elderly and obese you run a higher risk, for sure.

I have no informed information on therapeutic remedies, but do know that the tune has certainly changed on remdesivr and HCQ since 2020.

Vaccine skeptics indicated that approval would help, but as I stated elsewhere...we are probably at stasis right now regarding who will (willingly) get the jab. And it's certainly not just Rs that are not doing so.

Vaccines may or may not slow transmission. You can still contract, carry, and pass the virus after being vaccinated. It may keep you out of the hospital, but there are lots of folks in the ER who have got the jab.

Why are you so hostile to anyone that voices these truths?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Harris said she wouldn't get a vaccine Trump told her to. The FDA obviously didn't get strong armed by Trump or anyone else.

Covid is not deadly to everyone. Vast majorities of people get it and don't die. If you are elderly and obese you run a higher risk, for sure.

I have no informed information on therapeutic remedies, but do know that the tune has certainly changed on remdesivr and HCQ since 2020.

Vaccine skeptics indicated that approval would help, but as I stated elsewhere...we are probably at stasis right now regarding who will (willingly) get the jab. And it's certainly not just Rs that are not doing so.

Vaccines may or may not slow transmission. You can still contract, carry, and pass the virus after being vaccinated. It may keep you out of the hospital, but there are lots of folks in the ER who have got the jab.

Someone posted something not too long ago that vaccine cards are being forged, so how do we determine the vaccinated people in the ER/ICU from the ones that “claim” they got the vaccine? We cant. We can only go off what pretty much every hospital is telling us, that 90-95% of the people in the ICUs are unvaccinated. So is that other 5-10% people who forged their card and got into the system or are they actually vaccinated people? Either way, the data is overwhelmingly in favor of the vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. So chamrocks drivel of the vaccine not being effective is as wrong as you can get. 

• Plus1 1

This is what Harris said 

“If the public health professionals, if Dr. [Anthony] Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely,” Harris said during the live debate in Salt Lake City, when she was asked if Americans should take a vaccine, if the Trump administration were to approve one either before or after the election. “But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it. I’m not taking it.”

I don't blame her considering Trump would have done anything to get reelected.  Even strong arming the FDA.  Did it work?  No but at the time she said it anything was possible.

I didn't say covid is deadly to everyone.  I said within every demographic there are cases of death.  Big difference.  The Delta variant has show that what we knew in 2020 changed.  What about the next variant?  Will it attack currently less susceptible demographics?  Delta has.  Another reason why we all need to get vaccinated.  To reduce the amount of viral mutations.  

So saying there are currently protective therapeutics (whatever that means) is false.  Thanks.

Vaccines do slow the spread.  Sorry you don't understand how.  If everyone in a gathering is vaccinated the chances of spread are reduced dramatically.  Expand that over a large population.

None of what you posted is true.  Hostile?  Maybe because we have a cure that saves lives.  And yet deaths are once again through the roof. 

Why are you hostile to the concept of everyone getting on board and stamping this thing down to a manageable level?  Instead you seem to want to enable the whiners who refuse to get vaccinated when almost all have been vaccinated for other serious diseases before.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So saying there are currently protective therapeutics (whatever that means) is false.  Thanks.

That statement is false.  Monoclonal antibodies if used within 10-14 days of infection have shown to reduce hospital rates.  That’s means it’s a protective therapeutic. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That statement is false.  Monoclonal antibodies if used within 10-14 days of infection have shown to reduce hospital rates.  That’s means it’s a protective therapeutic. 

Well there's one. Thanks.  So would you rather rely on monoclonal antibodies or the vaccine?  Which costs less?  Which is still EUA? Remember the original post I was replying to.  The quote was about prevention.  Are you going to take monoclonal antibodies to prevent covid or get vaccinated?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Someone posted something not too long ago that vaccine cards are being forged, so how do we determine the vaccinated people in the ER/ICU from the ones that “claim” they got the vaccine? We cant. We can only go off what pretty much every hospital is telling us, that 90-95% of the people in the ICUs are unvaccinated. So is that other 5-10% people who forged their card and got into the system or are they actually vaccinated people? Either way, the data is overwhelmingly in favor of the vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. So chamrocks drivel of the vaccine not being effective is as wrong as you can get. 

I posted about cops forging vaccine cards. It is a sad state of affairs that it comes to that.

Vaccinated is definitely more favorable than not. I didn't read him to say the vaccines are not effective. I read it as they are not the end all that we thought they were. And, it's the Vaccinated population that drives mutations...not unvaccinated.

In the end, Covid has shown it is not going to go away, regardless of who gets Vaccinated or doesn t.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1