The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not always.  Surprised you forgot the “Trump disparaged dead soldiers” story that ended up not being true 

Do you have any information on this being debunked?  All I can find make it seem that we'd have to take Trump and Mark Meadows at their word to believe he didn't.  

At my Planet Fitness today, I saw Margery [a 70ish year old lady], along with her counterpart Donna.  Donna had been coming into the gym over the past few weeks but I hadn't seen Margery.  When I saw her I expressed that it was good to see her.  She said she had been out due to COVID.  As she explained it, she and Donna were going to go on a tour bus trip to Nashville, but Donna couldn't go as you had to have the COVID shot to go.  Donna is one of the stupid and selfish people.  So, that explained why I saw Donna over at the gym with consistency but not Margery.  Margery had went on the bus trip and then returned, but had caught COVID.  Margery said that pretty much the whole tour bus group got COVID; 40 of the 50 caught COVID.  These were all 60 years of age and up women.

I continue to find it fascinating how these stories come to me.  I kinda did a "grilling" of her on my questions.  As I told her, I had another guy tell me about his gathering of 24 for a church event and how the seven [7] who caught COVID were all vaccinated, and when I shared that story on here [Huskerboard] how various folks said I was full of "BS".  Margery then went into more of a defensive posture assuring me that yes, she was vaccinated and yes, 40 of us caught it.  Yes, she said, I wore a mask the whole time.  In fact, she said, one of the ladies died a few days ago, which of course was sad to hear.  As I told her, I'm not questioning you, I'm just fascinated to keep hearing the stories of how the vaccinated are catching COVID and that it is the unvaccinated's fault.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "BS" responses.  That's all well and good.  I think that it's fascinating that you don't hear much about stories like this, and yet, they are happening.  All I can say is I'm waiting my turn to catch COVID.  It looks inevitable.  I still don't comprehend nor understand how me, as an unvaccinated one, is spreading and killing all these folks.   I look to take my lumps when I get it.  Thus far, I still remain more than adamant that I want to catch it and take my chances over using this failed vaccine and what it claims to prevent.

For those who do feel the need to respond to this post ... be forewarned that I am unvaccinated.  Sincerely, I would prefer you to use your mask when you respond and rubber gloves as you type so you are protected from a guy like me.  It appears that to talk and interact with me can lead to COVID and perhaps even death.  Additionally, I'm probably going to be at the OU game.  I am required and will possess a negative PCR COVID test, which I will have.  My seats are with other Husker fans.  Yet, I feel it is important that others know as an unvaccinated person you are fully aware that I am passing on COVID to others.  If you need to know my seat section and number, let me know and I will get you that info so you can avoid catching COVID from me.

12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

At my Planet Fitness today, I saw Margery [a 70ish year old lady], along with her counterpart Donna.  Donna had been coming into the gym over the past few weeks but I hadn't seen Margery.  When I saw her I expressed that it was good to see her.  She said she had been out due to COVID.  As she explained it, she and Donna were going to go on a tour bus trip to Nashville, but Donna couldn't go as you had to have the COVID shot to go.  Donna is one of the stupid and selfish people.  So, that explained why I saw Donna over at the gym with consistency but not Margery.  Margery had went on the bus trip and then returned, but had caught COVID.  Margery said that pretty much the whole tour bus group got COVID; 40 of the 50 caught COVID.  These were all 60 years of age and up women.

I continue to find it fascinating how these stories come to me.  I kinda did a "grilling" of her on my questions.  As I told her, I had another guy tell me about his gathering of 24 for a church event and how the seven [7] who caught COVID were all vaccinated, and when I shared that story on here [Huskerboard] how various folks said I was full of "BS".  Margery then went into more of a defensive posture assuring me that yes, she was vaccinated and yes, 40 of us caught it.  Yes, she said, I wore a mask the whole time.  In fact, she said, one of the ladies died a few days ago, which of course was sad to hear.  As I told her, I'm not questioning you, I'm just fascinated to keep hearing the stories of how the vaccinated are catching COVID and that it is the unvaccinated's fault.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "BS" responses.  That's all well and good.  I think that it's fascinating that you don't hear much about stories like this, and yet, they are happening.  All I can say is I'm waiting my turn to catch COVID.  It looks inevitable.  I still don't comprehend nor understand how me, as an unvaccinated one, is spreading and killing all these folks.   I look to take my lumps when I get it.  Thus far, I still remain more than adamant that I want to catch it and take my chances over using this failed vaccine and what it claims to prevent.

For those who do feel the need to respond to this post ... be forewarned that I am unvaccinated.  Sincerely, I would prefer you to use your mask when you respond and rubber gloves as you type so you are protected from a guy like me.  It appears that to talk and interact with me can lead to COVID and perhaps even death.  Additionally, I'm probably going to be at the OU game.  I am required and will possess a negative PCR COVID test, which I will have.  My seats are with other Husker fans.  Yet, I feel it is important that others know as an unvaccinated person you are fully aware that I am passing on COVID to others.  If you need to know my seat section and number, let me know and I will get you that info so you can avoid catching COVID from me.

So a 70'ish year old woman got vaccinated, went on a bus and caught COVID, and is already back in the gym a few weeks later.

Sounds like it worked!  Good for Margery.  Could have been a sad story for Donna if the tour bus had let her go...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Has this been peer reviewed?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Not always.  Surprised you forgot the “Trump disparaged dead soldiers” story that ended up not being true 

At best - or worst - you have unnamed sources vs. untrustworthy sources, and given Trump's very public history of disparaging POW John McCain's war service the Atlantic accusation is hardly a stretch.

The same Atlantic had been cultivating from the rich supply of Washington insiders -- people they know personally -- who felt the need to report the erratic and dimwitted behavior of the President of the United States, more often than not corroborated by other sources, unfolding events or the bats#!t nature of the President's own unfiltered Tweets. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/4/21422733/atlantic-trump-military-suckers-losers-explained

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Do you have any information on this being debunked?  All I can find make it seem that we'd have to take Trump and Mark Meadows at their word to believe he didn't.  

Well, John Bolton who is no friend of Trump said he was there and did not hear that, plus the author admitted the story could be false 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's not debunking it.

There are 15-20 on the record sources saying this story is false and 3-4 anonymous sources saying it happened. To this day, no one has came on the record to corroborate the story.  Not to mention the author actually stated his story could be untrue.  
you can be a moron and believe the story if you want.  I choose to not be a moron.   

• Plus1 2

59 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There are 15-20 on the record sources saying this story is false and 3-4 anonymous sources saying it happened. To this day, no one has came on the record to corroborate the story.  Not to mention the author actually stated his story could be untrue.  
you can be a moron and believe the story if you want.  I choose to not be a moron.   

I’m didn’t say I believed it. You can choose to mot believe it. But, to say it’s debunked is false. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

What is even more unbelievable than your whimsical anecdotes is that you purport to be a man of faith and even preach about things like grace and mercy, yet you refuse to protect the health and safety of your community (let alone protecting your own health), recklessly and happily put vulnerable people at risk, and mock those of us who are concerned about the well-being of others. 

What would Jesus do? Not this. Your post is disgraceful to anyone who actually strives to "love thy neighbor."

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Hmmmm. Unvaccinated you and your home-cooked anecdote?

Or people who compile facts and science?

The writer's name is Jesus, so you owe him some respect.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-coronavirus-vaccines-hospital-cases-rates-unvaccinated