The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Shot:

Chaser:

These tweets were back-to-back in my timeline just now. 

I'm guessing that family thought it couldn't happen to them. Now their daughter is without parents.

Awful. 

How many of the hospitalized individuals have had Covid before? Has anyone seen that number available?

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

In fact, I did not. I made an innocuous comment that I'm frankly engendered any kind of response.

You're not dealing with facts here, Knapp. Just the impressions of your peers on a message board.

You made a fairly loaded comment and then kept riding it into a ditch. And you're still doing it. 

I didn't bother to comment until you called  Sitoke's much more innocuous comment "flaming" and got needlessly snarky about it. 

Folks might say we're making too much of nothing with this sidebar discussion, but it's genuinely relevant how people who basically agree with each other find fresh pathways to argue, to say nothing of the futility of converting people with your angriest argument. 

Let's move this to a brand new P&R thread I'm about to create. Could be interesting. 

• Plus1 1

100% of people who died getting run over by a bus were run over by bus.

I’m happy for the many survivors who will never get hit by a bus again because they will now look both ways.  But I don’t think it’s a good strategy to tell the kids to play in traffic because that’s the best way to appreciate the dangers…

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Sure. But there seems to be some building momentum towards the idea that some sort of immunity comes with having had Covid. Like you, I'd be very interested in that statistic. Vaccine or not, it matters.

I'd especially like to see the immunity data for different variants of covid. For example, someone who had variant alpha might not have much immunity to variant delta. The vaccines are much more effective against the variants that are not delta, so I'd pretty surprised if immunity to delta was acquired to someone who had non-delta. With the vaccines, we at least can track the data, but with natural immunity it's a crap shoot.

• Plus1 1