The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 9/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, teachercd said:

Anyone getting the flu shot this week?  

Why it makes my arm so sore I have no idea.

It hurts so much because of the microchip and RFID device. And of course to discourage Trump supporters so that they will die from the virus.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess I’m curious now.  How do I look up the rhetoric from almost the entire Republican Party for an 18 month timeframe and what will I find? 

Cognitive dissonance is strong. So play stupid. You're not.

You're well aware of the politics of DeSantis, Abbot and the other top contenders in the GOP regarding masks and vaccines. You know the rhetoric of right leaning media platform.You're the one who supports them and will continue to do so in future elections.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Cognitive dissonance is strong. So play stupid. You're not.

You're well aware of the politics of DeSantis, Abbot and the other top contenders in the GOP regarding masks and vaccines. You know the rhetoric of right leaning media platform.You're the one who supports them and will continue to do so in future elections.

Let’s break this down:

Your original statement was about almost the entire Republican Party.  Now you only speak of “DeSantis, Abbot and other top contenders”. Which is it?  

Second, as far as vaccines go and DeSantis.  Florida is only behind California by about 1.3% in vaccinations amongst each other’s population.  DeSantis is not anti-vaccine and actually promotes the vaccine.  If you would like to show me one statement where he is anti-Covid vaccine then please do so.  

Texas is lagging by a whole 8% from CA so they are not doing near as good of job.  Yet, please point to a statement where Abbot says people should not get the vaccine.  Both DeSantis and Abbot are against mandates. Quite a huge difference.  I hope you are smart enough to understand that.  BTW…I’m not an Abbot guy and don’t care much either way about him, and just recently posted he could lose to the Irishman O’Rourke. :dunno

So I guess I will ask again, what is it I should be looking out that you are referencing for that almost the entire (we will call it 90%) of the Republican Party has spoke about the last 18 months

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

23 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Let’s break this down:

Your original statement was about almost the entire Republican Party.  Now you only speak of “DeSantis, Abbot and other top contenders”. Which is it?  

Second, as far as vaccines go and DeSantis.  Florida is only behind California by about 1.3% in vaccinations amongst each other’s population.  DeSantis is not anti-vaccine and actually promotes the vaccine.  If you would like to show me one statement where he is anti-Covid vaccine then please do so.  

Texas is lagging by a whole 8% from CA so they are not doing near as good of job.  Yet, please point to a statement where Abbot says people should not get the vaccine.  Both DeSantis and Abbot are against mandates. Quite a huge difference.  I hope you are smart enough to understand that.  BTW…I’m not an Abbot guy and don’t care much either way about him, and just recently posted he could lose to the Irishman O’Rourke. :dunno

So I guess I will ask again, what is it I should be looking out that you are referencing for that almost the entire (we will call it 90%) of the Republican Party has spoke about the last 18 months

Oh please, this is absolutely pathetic.

Here's a random GOP state Senator from Florida:

Here's another one from the Governor of Arkansas. He, of course reversed course, but he originally signed the order because it was politically expedient to do so.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/04/1024939859/arkansas-governor-reverse-law-let-schools-require-masks

Here's one on the Governor of Missouri. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-us-news-mo-state-wire-michael-brown-ap-top-news-ec3963a041c3061abba62493aa0bb2be

There is an endless supply of these news stories. I realize that acknowledging the role of your political party is an impossibility, but come on dude. Don't try to act like the GOP has a few bad apples when it comes to this stuff, most of the party has jumped onto this train just to win votes. 

• Plus1 4
On 9/22/2021 at 11:37 AM, Archy1221 said:

Let’s break this down:

I don't think there's a single Republican strategist or pollster who doesn't acknowledge that any GOP incumbent or candidate is under intense pressure not to alienate the Republican voter base, which has taken the more extreme position on virtually everything: vaccines, masks, the evil Dr. Fauci, the stolen election, the climate change hoax, revisionist history, wealth distribution, theocracy, plutocracy and Hollywood pedophilia and cannibalism. 

There's a map I can't post right now, but you can look it up. It compares the concentration of COVID infections in California and support for the Gavin Newsom recall. They're identical. You can find all the anecdotal exceptions you want, state-by-state, but this is your Republican Party at the moment; a minority of opinion wielding highly disproportionate power. 

• Plus1 1