The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Because it's allegedly so uncommon as to not even be worth mentioning during vax discussions...

but here are 2 media figures from the same program that have breakthrough infections. 

I thought it was strange.

Breakthrough infections are fairly common for delta variant, and has been discussed here a lot. Here's a post from the previous page with a link to the discussion between the contagiousness of breakthrough infections vs unvaccinated infections:

On 9/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, BigRedBuster said:

35 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Breakthrough infections are fairly common for delta variant, and has been discussed here a lot. Here's a post from the previous page with a link to the discussion between the contagiousness of breakthrough infections vs unvaccinated infections:

Is this where I state that Craig Spencer and Eric Topol are hardly unbiased, and I probably wouldn't trust their opinions?...I kid, I kid.

Thanks for the reminder to your linked article. They mention the waffling and walkways from the CDC and others, and do admit that vaxed folks can contract Delta...but also state the chances are "miniscule" and provide "This is borne out by recent data from New York City that show that more than 96 percent of cases are among the unvaccinated. Only 0.33 percent of fully vaccinated New Yorkers have been diagnosed with COVID-19"

So again, it is strange that 2 from one program got infected. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Is this where I state that Craig Spencer and Eric Topol are hardly unbiased, and I probably wouldn't trust their opinions?...I kid, I kid.

Thanks for the reminder to your linked article. They mention the waffling and walkways from the CDC and others, and do admit that vaxed folks can contract Delta...but also state the chances are "miniscule" and provide "This is borne out by recent data from New York City that show that more than 96 percent of cases are among the unvaccinated. Only 0.33 percent of fully vaccinated New Yorkers have been diagnosed with COVID-19"

If the two aren't working in the same place, then I agree that's odd. But if they are co-located, then likely they were exposed to the same source of infection, which makes the chances they'd get it simultaneously much higher.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The constant insistence that we're being given incorrect information about Covid begs the question - what is the correct source?

Or are we just anti-CDC/anti-left wing for the fun of it?

It's the way we Huskerboard.  If we can't refute the assertion directly, we resort to either:

• Genetic Fallacy  (your source sucks)
  • Tu Quoque (what about the things that you do that suck?)

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Apparently false positive tests