The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

"his own reasoned judgment" is such a boondoggle. Reasoning based on what? Some google searches? What's he going to find on the internet that counters the work of the world's top epidemiologists? 

The sooner these nutters stop finding excuses to be nutty and get vaxxed the better we'll all be. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"his own reasoned judgment" is such a boondoggle. Reasoning based on what? Some google searches? What's he going to find on the internet that counters the work of the world's top epidemiologists? 

The sooner these nutters stop finding excuses to be nutty and get vaxxed the better we'll all be. 

He has already had Covid.  We don’t know how long Vaccine immunity will last any more than previous infection immunity lasts.  There is a chance he is better protected than those of us double vaxxed.  Please try and keep up with the latest science instead of just smearing people. 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I thought the young man did a very nice job of explaining his position, his reasoning, and his decision. 

All about me thinking.  I guess he doesn't get the part about the unvaccinated spreading the virus.  So we continue on filling body bags.  Very responsible position to take.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

All about me thinking.  I guess he doesn't get the part about the unvaccinated spreading the virus.  So we continue on filling body bags.  Very responsible position to take.

You seem to be leaving out some important context.  He has previously been infected by Covid.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You seem to be leaving out some important context.  He has previously been infected by Covid.  

Got it. 

There is however every bit as much data on the safety of the vaccines as there is on immunity due to prior infection.  There's also a lot of indications that a person who had covid before and later is vaccinated will possibly have immunity for years.  Possibly life long.  

Then there's the issue of administering the claims of those who state they have had Covid before.  Is there a standard?  Does an antibody test suffice?  I'm sure there'd be every bit the amount of pushback if this was required proof of immunity.  The goalposts will just move.

I just think so many people are out-thinking this.  Get the vaxx.  It's that simple.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I did too.  It’s a shame a publication such as rolling stone tries to smear him 

I mean the article doesn't say he's an anti-vaxxer. It just implies there is some in the league. Looks like they gave a bunch of examples of players not getting the vax and getting the vax from many different angles. There is certainly anti-vaxxers in the NBA, including this nutcase that Issac gave a shout out to in his quote...

Irving, who serves as a vice president on the executive committee of the players’ union, recently started following and liking Instagram posts from a conspiracy theorist who claims that “secret societies” are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for “a plan of Satan.” 

• Plus1 2