The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

53 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It seems like, from what we've all heard on the news, that a large portion of the unvaccinated are minorities.... So, Im not sure being pro Trump is a prerequisite to being unvaccinated for Covid. Despite what Trevor Noah and Don Lemon would like us to believe.

Just going off my experience. Ive got no idea what TN or DL think about anything. I’m not even sure who they are other than I’ve heard their names before.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:17 AM, Scarlet said:

Actually keeping your eye on the ball would be to get vaxxed, encourage others to get vaxxed and stop the carnage.  But you do you.

I’m glad you did. And again, this is about the fact that your voice, your perspective, your experience, your truth, should not be suppressed.

Glad you are being you and have your freedom, your body and your choice.  You are not stupid nor deplorable for your truth.  I respect it and tolerate our differences.

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

It's hard to feel sorry for those who can get vaccinated but won't.

Even though parts of New England are seeing record case counts, hospitalizations and deaths that rival pre-vaccine peaks, largely among the unvaccinated, the region hasn’t seen the impact the delta variant wave has wrought on other parts of the country.

They buried the lede four paragraphs down, but the reality is Delta is largely a pandemic of the unvaccinated now.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's hard to feel sorry for those who can get vaccinated but won't.

They buried the lede four paragraphs down, but the reality is Delta is largely a pandemic of the unvaccinated now.

i am starting to turn towards anger at them.  they are keeping this thing going through their own  sheer stupidity.   if they want to play stupid games they can win stupid prizes....but they are perpetuating this pandemic which affects everyone.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, commando said:

i am starting to turn towards anger at them.  they are keeping this thing going through their own  sheer stupidity.   if they want to play stupid games they can win stupid prizes....but they are perpetuating this pandemic which affects everyone.  

Definitely understandable anger.  In any case anyone that hasn't initiated their vaccination by now won't be protected by the time this surge is over, as we appear to be on the back end of it.  In the US, there really shouldn't be anymore tinder left for this fire in a month or so, but you never know.

12 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Definitely understandable anger.  In any case anyone that hasn't initiated their vaccination by now won't be protected by the time this surge is over, as we appear to be on the back end of it.  In the US, there really shouldn't be anymore tinder left for this fire in a month or so, but you never know.

I've been seeing predictions that there won't be another surge after Delta, likely because, as you say, there's no more tinder for the fire.

Sad way to see us get there. 700,000 dead (and counting)

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I've been seeing predictions that there won't be another surge after Delta, likely because, as you say, there's no more tinder for the fire.

Sad way to see us get there. 700,000 dead (and counting)

I've also read where mutations with this virus are somewhat limited since there has been so much widespread throughout the world but each variant has been similar.  Meaning that physiologically it doesn't have many options.

Let's hope this holds and also that immunity from the vax, prior infection, or both is strong enough to last for awhile.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1