The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Reading does seem hard for you.  I don’t know why.  I’m asking you to show your work on a specific charge you said about an individual.  This has nothing to do with Trump yet you bring him into it.  It has to do with you saying Atlas didn’t believe in any mitigation while wanting everyone to get infected through here immunity.   It’s just Not true.  Atlas seems to be anti-lockdown and take care of the vulnerable. 

You're ignoring two sources claiming the opposite. But I guess that's what Republicans do when faced with difficult decisions. 

You don't want to believe in human caused climate change (despite overwhelming evidence) because your parties stance says so. You don't want to believe that Trump appointed a quack Doctor to led the COVID Task Force because your party would look bad as a result.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No.  Unless I missed something, you have two sources where other people claim that about Atlas and quotes from Atlas.  

Don't know what to tell you. You have quotes from Atlas himself suggesting individuals in states with strict protocols should "rise up" due to his belief that such measures are not useful and a well sourced article written by the Washington Post detailing the beliefs he shared with the rest of the COVID Task Force.

I get it. You have to rationalize your support for a political party. I'll never convince you that climate change is real just like I'll never convince you that Atlas is a hack that got people needlessly killed. Party allegiance demands it. 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Don't know what to tell you. You have quotes from Atlas himself suggesting individuals in states with strict protocols should "rise up" due to his belief that such measures are not useful and a well sourced article written by the Washington Post detailing the beliefs he shared with the rest of the COVID Task Force.

I get it. You have to rationalize your support for a political party. I'll never convince you that climate change is real just like I'll never convince you that Atlas is a hack that got people needlessly killed. Party allegiance demands it. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/495833-how-to-open-society-using-medical-science-and-logic

Fifth, public transportation, the lifeblood of much of the workforce in cities, should resume. In addition to new standards of cleanliness and hygiene that passengers would welcome, regional authorities could require barrier masks for passengers. Given the state of our fearful public, it seems highly likely that most people will choose to wear them.

Second, those with mild symptoms of the illness should strictly self-isolate for two weeks. It’s not urgent to test them — simply assume they have the infection. That includes confinement at home, having the highest concern for sanitization and wearing protective masks when others in their homes enter the same room.

but but but he said no mitigation measures….well maybe not 

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/495833-how-to-open-society-using-medical-science-and-logic

Fifth, public transportation, the lifeblood of much of the workforce in cities, should resume. In addition to new standards of cleanliness and hygiene that passengers would welcome, regional authorities could require barrier masks for passengers. Given the state of our fearful public, it seems highly likely that most people will choose to wear them.

Second, those with mild symptoms of the illness should strictly self-isolate for two weeks. It’s not urgent to test them — simply assume they have the infection. That includes confinement at home, having the highest concern for sanitization and wearing protective masks when others in their homes enter the same room.

but but but he said no mitigation measures….well maybe not 

You that we can look back at the posts and see that you're making things up again, right? Here's what @Dr. Strangelove posted:

On 11/16/2021 at 7:36 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think not relying on quack doctor - Dr. Atlas believed in natural herd immunity and believed masks and social distancing did not help - is important. 

Your strawman of "he said no mitigation measures" is both wrong and sad.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You that we can look back at the posts and see that you're making things up again, right? Here's what @Dr. Strangelove posted:

Your strawman of "he said no mitigation measures" is both wrong and sad.

@Dr. Strangelove exact wording.  Emphasis is mine.  You my friend are both wrong again, sad and clownish every time you try and do this. 

Honest question for you,  do you think more Americans died because Trump allowed a psychopath like Dr. Scott Atlas to head the Coronavirus task force? A person who theorized that social distancing did not work, masks do not work, and that the country should aim for natural herd immunity through infection without mitigation. 

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

@Dr. Strangelove exact wording.  Emphasis is mine.  You my friend are both wrong again, sad and clownish every time you try and do this. 

Honest question for you,  do you think more Americans died because Trump allowed a psychopath like Dr. Scott Atlas to head the Coronavirus task force? A person who theorized that social distancing did not work, masks do not work, and that the country should aim for natural herd immunity through infection without mitigation. 

Well, you're correct that he did say "without mitigation", my mistake.

But it's pretty funny how much you're defending a radiologist's opinion about a pandemic.

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How many of you are in districts (school) that are still masking up?

I think my wife's district is still doing it. Which is crazy cuz she teaches in the Florida of Colorado. They're literally trying to "stop the steal" on some school board members cuz "they ain't like us" :lol:

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How many of you are in districts (school) that are still masking up?

My kids' schools in still have mask requirements (elementary and middle school), and the university I work for still has mask requirements indoors when in groups (I sit in my office all day without a mask). I believe both mandates will be reviewed again in January. I am in Ohio.

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

My kids' schools in still have mask requirements (elementary and middle school), and the university I work for still has mask requirements indoors when in groups (I sit in my office all day without a mask). I believe both mandates will be reviewed again in January. I am in Ohio.

The U has it still?

Wow, are they or were they worried about enrollment numbers?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

The U has it still?

Wow, are they or were they worried about enrollment numbers?

No, enrollment numbers aren't a problem. Most faculty and administrative staff have been in favor of masks, and students generally don't have a problem complying. 

In the K-12 schools, the only problem has ever been with the parents. The kids are cool with masks.

• Plus1 4
24 minutes ago, Ulty said:

No, enrollment numbers aren't a problem. Most faculty and administrative staff have been in favor of masks, and students generally don't have a problem complying. 

In the K-12 schools, the only problem has ever been with the parents. The kids are cool with masks.

Man, the private schools here (K-8) that are wearing masks are getting killed with families leaving.  Parents, I don't think the kids care one way or the other.

Most of my 12th graders that graduated last year left their colleges at semester because of how locked down they were, which I don't think is the case anymore.  But that was not the parents, that was the students that left because their college experience was lame and they were paying a ton of money to be locked in their dorm.

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Well, you're correct that he did say "without mitigation", my mistake.

But it's pretty funny how much you're defending a radiologist's opinion about a pandemic.

I’m only defending against stuff that’s falsely being attributed to him.  That shouldn’t strike you as funny 

• Plus1 1