The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

My kids' schools in still have mask requirements (elementary and middle school), and the university I work for still has mask requirements indoors when in groups (I sit in my office all day without a mask). I believe both mandates will be reviewed again in January. I am in Ohio.

I went to college in Ohio.  Lived in Dublin after for a few years before moving back to KS

• Plus1 2

18 hours ago, teachercd said:

How many of you are in districts (school) that are still masking up?

Douglas county CO is masking again, because the old school board sued the new DC medical board on behalf of 9 parents who’s kids were at risk.
Full online is an option each term. The old school board was replaced in the last election. Not sure if the lawsuit will be withdrawn now. In my daughters school, masks are optional. Not sure how they get away with that. we have not had any major outbreaks at schools this year. We have received about a dozen notices that my kids may have been exposed. We test them with home kits when they show cold symptoms of any type. So far no positives. The schools are making kids were masks again to play basketball in their gyms, but the rec center doesn’t require them. It all makes so much sense. Personally I would rather not play hoops with a mask on my face. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Please post information showing he was the head of the Covid task force.  

You are correct - he was not the head of the Task Force, but was brought on as an advisor - despite not being an infectious disease expert or epidemiologist. I was incorrect in stating as much. 

He was a rising star within the Presidents' inner circle of advisors, as Trump enjoyed his view regarding the pandemic.

So I ask you, again, do you think Trumps choice to bring a non-expert advisor from a Republican Think Tank was the correct move? Do you think it cost the lives of Americans? I've asked you many times, and your lack of response causes me to think you actually know the correct answer. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1