The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

This punk is full MAGA douchebaggery.  It took everything for the guy he's harassing not to knock his teeth.  So much for my body my choice.  

after the rittenhouse trial i think this guy could have claimed that he felt threatened by his harasser and pulled a gun and shot him in self defense.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, wearing a hard hat is the same as putting something in your body you don’t want or getting something rammed up your nose weekly. 

Got it. 

your body your choice, right?  

Good lord, and I’m even pro vaccine. 

My point is, the government shouldn't let inmates run the asylum. Just because idiots make up a sizeable portion of the population doesn't mean they get to dictate the rules. So, if OSHA wants to mandate it, it's no different than any other requirement for work. Which includes proper disposal of wastes, providing protections for workers, training, etc. 

We require children to be vaccinated to attend schools because it's in the interest of public health to do so. Requiring a COVID shot to attend work is no different than the requirements to work, attend school, or travel abroad. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My point is, the government shouldn't let inmates run the asylum. Just because idiots make up a sizeable portion of the population doesn't mean they get to dictate the rules. So, if OSHA wants to mandate it, it's no different than any other requirement for work. Which includes proper disposal of wastes, providing protections for workers, training, etc. 

We require children to be vaccinated to attend schools because it's in the interest of public health to do so. Requiring a COVID shot to attend work is no different than the requirements to work, attend school, or travel abroad. 

Nope, not a requirement at public schools.  All you need is a notarized waiver form.

Private schools are probably like 50/50 on it.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The mandate is a piece of crap.  And...this is a very different mandate than wearing a helmet.

One point is that, as an example, there is another company in town with around 70 employees.  That company, like many, is looking for employees too.  So, people can simply quit and walk down the street and get employment there and don't have to worry about it.

Why are they safer there than working for me?  Why should an employee have to wear a helmet working for me and not for them if this truly keeps them safer?

If you want to give the Dems absolutely no chance of retaining any power over the next two elections, just keep supporting this piece of s#!t.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The mandate is a piece of crap.  And...this is a very different mandate than wearing a helmet.

One point is that, as an example, there is another company in town with around 70 employees.  That company, like many, is looking for employees too.  So, people can simply quit and walk down the street and get employment there and don't have to worry about it.

Why are they safer there than working for me?  Why should an employee have to wear a helmet working for me and not for them if this truly keeps them safer?

If you want to give the Dems absolutely no chance of retaining any power over the next two elections, just keep supporting this piece of s#!t.

I did not think of it that way, but you are exactly right.  The D's probably think they are doing the right thing but even people that agree with their policy, like you, are looking at it from a practice/business viewpoint and that changes things very quickly.  

In the end, for most people, the issues that impact us in our micro-world are the ones that we tend to or have to care about more than the big world problems.

At my school, the gov't has decided that we have to include subs and non-teacher coaches in the count, which puts us over 100.  I did not think or care much about it because it really doesn't impact me but why would a fall sport coach, that is not a teacher in the building and therefore not in the building, ever, have to be counted?>

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I did not think of it that way, but you are exactly right.  The D's probably think they are doing the right thing but even people that agree with their policy, like you, are looking at it from a practice/business viewpoint and that changes things very quickly.  

In the end, for most people, the issues that impact us in our micro-world are the ones that we tend to or have to care about more than the big world problems.

At my school, the gov't has decided that we have to include subs and non-teacher coaches in the count, which puts us over 100.  I did not think or care much about it because it really doesn't impact me but why would a fall sport coach, that is not a teacher in the building and therefore not in the building, ever, have to be counted?>

Because politicians are stupid. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find it funny that you don’t like this government intrusion that is supposedly designed to safe lives but you are fine with government intrusion of looking at everyone’s bank accounts with no probably cause to supposedly catch a few billionaire tax cheats. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Nope, not a requirement at public schools.  All you need is a notarized waiver form.

Private schools are probably like 50/50 on it.

This is mostly true as most states allow a religious exemption and a few states allow personal exemptions, but there's also a few states that only allow medical waivers.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This is mostly true as most states allow a religious exemption and a few states allow personal exemptions, but there's also a few states that only allow medical waivers.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx

Just from what I have seen/heard, the medical waiver is similar to getting a medical waiver for little timmy to not have to run the mile in PE class.  

Private schools with low attendance seem to just not care but the bigger ones don't play around and you are either vaxxed or you are not attending, at least from what I know in my area.  

I do believe that private day cares, in home, do have to collect vax info now.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just from what I have seen/heard, the medical waiver is similar to getting a medical waiver for little timmy to not have to run the mile in PE class.  

Private schools with low attendance seem to just not care but the bigger ones don't play around and you are either vaxxed or you are not attending, at least from what I know in my area.  

I do believe that private day cares, in home, do have to collect vax info now.

People skirting the rules doesn't change @Dr. Strangelove's point though. I disagree with the mandate at this time, but I agree that we shouldn't make the rules based on idiots or that they can find ways around the rules.

• Plus1 2