The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

If you live in Omaha...are you for or against a mask mandate?

What say you...

I am against it but I also don't want to end up doing remote teaching again.

If it's something a business decides they want to enforce in their establishment, that's great, and it is their right to do so. Anytime the government starts telling businesses what they have to do.... I don't like it. The whole shutdown thing was an incredible government overreach, and still pisses me off when I think about. 

Having said that, I don't mind wearing a mask in places where there are vulnerable people, or heavily crowded places where there might be such people. In the end, it's not a huge ask, even if the effectiveness of them seems to be in question.... Unless I'm outside. I'm not wearing a f****** mask outside.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Having said that, I don't mind wearing a mask in places where there are vulnerable people, or heavily crowded places where there might be such people. In the end, it's not a huge ask, even if the effectiveness of them seems to be in question.... Unless I'm outside. I'm not wearing a f****** mask outside.

At least this junk seems to follow flu trends and lets us unmask in Summer. #smallblessings

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Misrepresenting hospitalizations and causes of deaths seems to be all the rage these days.

Man, it's so difficult to parse through the "news" and find the truth.

Kinda like saying 5 people died in Jan 6th riot when 4 were from natural causes.  

• Plus1 3

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait, I thought it was pure racism to require a photo ID.  What about all those people you tried to tell me couldn’t get photo ID to vote?? 

Edit…and I agree on the main point.  people should not compare things to the Holocaust.   It never works out for them.  

Edited by Archy1221
  • Plus1 2

I find problems with these mask mandates.  The major one is, how is it enforced?  The municipality should be wording this as, we strongly encourage people to wear masks indoors in public places.  There is no real way to enforce this and it turns out like threatening your grade school kid  with punishment that you know you can't do.  They figure it out pretty fast and rebel against it, instead of actually thinking about why you're asking them to do it.

I also don't see how this law suit has legs since there are municipalities all across the country doing this.