The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

What has happened to kids through this is inexcusable.  Bad school districts in our area have spent most of the last year and a half remote.  We are having to come up with a plan to catch the kids that come to our school.  We are a private school.  We have been mask optional this year.  We have had very few cases.  When we do, it comes because from off campus gatherings.

The public school down the street from us requires masks.  They have a much higher count than us for positive cases.  We have teachers whose kids go there.  They have had a lot of positive cases compared to us.  I have no idea why.  

All I know, is we need to do a better job with getting kids educated.  It was a huge problem before Covid.  We get the opportunity to change the lives of kids that come from the city public schools.  I would be more that happy to have the city public schools do a much better job of educating kids.  Last I knew, they were still remote. 

CPS (Cleveland) is still remote, aren't they?

The issue is not covid, the issue is that the weak a$$ government has basically said it it okay to not be in school.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

CPS (Cleveland) is still remote, aren't they?

The issue is not covid, the issue is that the weak a$$ government has basically said it it okay to not be in school.  

Yep.  Metro Public schools probably need to be run different than any other Public School District in the country.  THeir school system is horrible, but has some really big challenges to face.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

Yep.  Metro Public schools probably need to be run different than any other Public School District in the country.  THeir school system is horrible, but has some really big challenges to face.

Yeah, first...no non-teachers on the school board.  Everyone knows that, even the ones that won't admit it.

Second, LISTEN to teachers first

Third, get back in school, period.  Offer teachers "Combat" pay or something, make it something they can't refuse but get back in school.

I truly don't understand how supposedly smart people don't see him for what he is (or do, and think the long game its worth it).  And it frustrates the hell out of me that he and his ilk are taking advantage of folks that aren't bright enough to know better.  Anybody who defends him is not a true american much less a patriot.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The Covid hypocrisy never seems to end when it involves Democrats in leadership 

The one that amazes me is Boris Johnson who put in place strict lock downs.  Then, attended a party the night before the Queen's husband's funeral where she was forced to sit alone.

Talk about a piece of s#!t.

• Plus1 1

trump and a large portion of the republican party are actively working to overthrow elections.  quick. let's talk about someone not wearing a mask.   lol.   and talk about hypocrisy?  the same far right wingers that  have been kicking and screaming about wearing masks now want to make a big deal out of someone not wearing a mask.   ffs.   

• Plus1 3